Anyone else gone off food?

squirrel.

Happy mummy of three
Reaction score
Hi ladies,

So I've only just found out we are expecting number three and I'm once again surprised at how quickly I lose my appetite in first tri. It happened last time too. I just went off food. The food aversions are starting too. I can't stand the thought of eating things I used to love. I don't get many symptoms in first tri usually, but this is a strange one and very reassuring I'm feeling it now.

Anyone else? How do you make yourself eat? What things work for you? Annoyingly I've gone of carbs like bread, pasta, grains etc.

I'm the same way !! I can't eat until dinner time . Even the smell of bacon made me sick yesterday. Thankfully it eases off at night or I would be starving the both of us lol

Yes!!! oh thank you for posting this I was beginning to think there was something wrong with me! This is my third too but I don't remember it so much with my boys. but I just don't want to eat! The thought of eating just is not appealing. I am 11 plus 4 and like today all I have had is half a piece of toast, half a piece of cake at a picnic and a banana that I had to force myself to eat. I also feel full so quick and if there is anything I crave even if I get it it either doesn't taste the same or I am full after a quarter of it. It is so weird!

I had the same thing with DS and didn't have much of an appetite until about mid 2nd trimester. Seem to be heading the same way this time, managing a little over half what I normally do. Thought of eating hasn't been an issue for me though, I feel bad when I can't finish something instead.

Oh yes!

I have seriously gone off meat and vegetables, just thinking about them makes me want to gag. I just don't really fancy food in general and I really love my food lol!

Funnily I'm not a big fruit eater but I can't get enough of it at the moment and there does not seem to be enough fruit juice in the world!

I've also gone off chocolate. OMG :wacko:

I just hate the idea of eating ..... Uck even though I've that awful starving / nauceous feeling . ABSOULTLY NOTHING appeals to me . I just force myself to eat something .

I'm so sick of eating. I've got such bad nausea, eating every couple hours. It started at 5 w and I'm now 11. Hoping I feel better soon! It's so tiring eating but hating all food. Gagging on food. Awful. It is reassuring though. Lol

I've found cottage cheese with sunflower seeds on top is working for me. It has a lot of protein, calcium and healthy fats so it work for me. I eat a lot of fruit too. Up until a few days ago I was eating just fine. Now I hate everything except cottage cheese and soup.

I get HUGELY frustrated about eating while pregnant, first trimester or not. I never know what I want, nothing ever sounds good. Today I hardly ate anything at all, because I just didn't want anything.

Actually I still love my food, but my body can't take it, so I end up looking at food blogs online or foodie magazines to satisfy my mental cravings!

I've started having a weird taste in my mouth from mid-5w. I'm now 9+2. I'm ok on some days and quite nauseous on others, although I haven't thrown up. I usually feel a bit better in the mornings, but by mid-afternoon I can't stomach anything anymore.

H is kind of more understanding now, as I either eat rubbish food or not eat. When I feel like I crave something, it's usually more flavourful items as otherwise it can't mask the bitter/ sour taste in my mouth. I think I've lost 4-5 pounds in this month but apparently it's ok in the first tri- it won't harm the baby.

I went off food quite a bit in my 1st trimester I just didn't fancy anything to eat, went off all my favourite foods and the thought of anything made me feel nausea
I had to keep making separate dinners for my partner as the only thing I could stomach were certain foods or sandwiches.

so glad my appetite came back in the 2nd trimester

Well I don't have nausea (yet) but I do have this aversion to eating. I'm not specific food adverse so I usually force myself to eat 3 meals a day and then some fruit as a snack. I did find that chocolate gives me heartburn. Not intense but enough to turn me off of eating it. I find it takes longer to eat junk type food. The day before I got my BFP it took me over 8 hours to eat a small bag of chips. I knew something was up. I did not get to my size by taking 8 hours to eat a bag of chips (lol). Normally I could throw down a bag of peanut M&M's no prob too. The same night, I had a few and I was done. Left them by my computer for another day. ( I was sure then that I was pregnant lol).
Since I am very very overweight this will hopefully work in my favor if I don't allow the over eater in me to over-ride this feeling. I have to be careful as I have a high risk of gestational diabetes. I'm hoping this slight aversion to junk food will stay awhile. maybe I will lose weight during the pregnancy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->