Anyone else had or have had the Implanon contraceptive implant?

Emma78

Reaction score
Hi all, I'm just wondering if anyone else has had or has the implanon contraceptive implant? I have piled on 3 stone since I had it put in a little over a year ago, last week I joined weight watchers and have stuck to it rigidly. I lost nothing and am so disappointed, my leader seems to think it could be the implant as she had another member in the same position before and it was the implant. I want to get it taken out ASAP but don't know what my doctors reaction will be. A very upset, Emma. Xxx

Hi - I had it in for 3 years, never had this problem, I do believe we all react to if differently though. If it's causing you problems I would suggest making an appt with the doc or clinic that put it in and seeing about an alternative form of contraception. They should understand. GLx

I've had 2 rounds of Implanon, I've not ever gained weight like that from it.

I think you should give Weight Watchers a few weeks before you decide, because even a few pounds of water weight gain (which means nothing) will mask a few pounds of fat loss. A week isn't really that long to gauge how you are doing xx

If after a few more weeks you don't really see any results then you can discuss with your doctor another form of birth control, they most certainly shouldn't judge you xx :)

Thanks ladies, I am still sticking to the plan but have reads lots of mixed stories about the new WW plan. Also I have been thinking and when I did the WW online (old plan) back at the start of last summer I lost 10lbs on my first week so it can't be the implants fault ive not lost this past week. Xxx

good luck! I'm not doing WW but I am dieting....disappointing results suck lol xx

I had the implant in for 7 months and had it finally taken out last monday.

I bled every single day, continuously, for the entire time I had it in. I also was bloated all the time and pretty damn miserable. I gave it 7 months because I kept being promised that it would calm down and my body would get used to it, but it never did.

Since having the implant taken out, Iv had not one smidgen of a bleed so im pretty pleased. Having it taken out was NOWHERE NEAR as bad as having it put in, and my bruise is tiny!

Good luck with your decision xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->