Anyone else have absolutely nothing ready for baby?

DebbieF

Reaction score
I am 30+2 (I will be induced around 37 weeks) and I have only bought baby boy 1 sleeper so far. I do have a few gender neutral clothes of my daughters, but other than that I have nothing for this baby. My daughter is just 15 months old and I have everything I think we need left over from her. Is it wrong of me to use a pink swing, pink towels, pink clothing (at home only) etc? With dd at this point we already had the nursery put together and she had a closet full of clothing. New baby will be sleeping in the pack and play (with pink sheets) in our room for at least the first 6 months to a year just as dd did. I regret going so over the top with baby girl things now, I should have thought ahead and bought gender neutral things from the beginning.. (Too late to worry about that now I suppose) Also, we have no clue on a name.. I originally thought we wanted to stick with a "K" name as our daughters name starts with a K. Last week dh says he doesn't want to do that anymore.. Now I feel like I am starting all over in terms of thinking of a name. Am I the only person still so completely not ready? :wacko:

Yeah, over here its the same kinda lol.

This is my first and I have very little. We are going to be buying more gender neutral items for the bigger things, (we are having a girl) but I don't have a ton. Im 28 weeks and moving this month so I have no idea when I can order stuff. I am going to be cloth diapering and baby wearing, so I need to order all that stuff. Im getting more and more anxious over what we don't have.

Id totally stick my boy (if we have one next) in pink stuff. We do have some pink items (like fitted sheets for the crib) that a boy will be sleeping in if we have one, I don't care lol.

It doesn't sound like you're 'not ready' just that you have things already from your daughter and don't really want to buy a load of new boy things. I really don't think it matters if you use pink stuff for him, he's not going to know the difference.

We aren't setting up a nursery this time either because baby will be in with us and it just seems like a lot of work that we dint really need to do right now. I ended up completely re-doing DS room when he was nearly two anyway as he needed more storage and a big boy bed.

You still have plenty of time to get him some more clothes and people might gift you some anyway when he's born.

Nothing wrong with using pink on your baby boy! I used to wear my brother's hand-me-downs as a baby.

When I had my second child I bought very little, because I had so much left over from my first. You should be fine! Just make sure you've got a car seat for the LO, and you should be set. Right now I have pretty much what I need (car seat, bassinet, clothes), I just haven't set anything up. I figure I'll get it done once I hit 36 weeks.:shrug:

We only moved house 4 days ago, I only set up the crib, washed the clothes and the essentials a couple of days ago. The baby's 'room' is currently storage, as she will be in with us and we have a whole house that needs doing in the next six months!:nope: as for names, we had one picked out til a few weeks ago, and now we've decided we don't like it anymore:shrug: we are going to choose when we see her now.. So don't worry, it'll fall into place! And hand me downs aren't bad at all.. I wouldn't personally dress a boy in pink, but the stuff you've mentioned, no problem! A baby doesn't care, and as long as it's fully functional and safe, your baby will have more than a lot of babies in the world:flower:

It doesn't sound like you're not ready! It sounds like you've got all that you really need for now. Newborns really do't need much of anything. (although it's very easy to go overboard). We have everything we need, but we have yet to set up anything or really do anything for that matter Lol. I think we will start setting stuff up this weekend or so. With DD I had everything set up, ready, hospital bags packed and all by like 28 weeks. This time I'm kind of just nonchalant about the whole thing for some reason and I'm really not too concerned if the crib is set up before baby comes or not because DD never slept in her crib as a newborn. I feel kind of bad as if I'm already neglecting this baby, but I know I'm not.

Yep me! I haven't bought a thing yet! Feel kinda bad as by this point with DD we had everything! lol. Although will be using pram/swing again, we are team yellow so haven't even sorted out her old clothes to see whats worth keeping. I'll do that later on once he/she is here. Only thing im going to buy is a chicco crib, new bottles, a few gender colour baby grow's/ vests, maybe a couple of new blankets, every thing else can wait. Its more re-organising oue room as baby will be in with us for a while, feel totally disorganised but going to wait another couple of weeks then start buying some stuff. :wacko: dont see the point going crazy like I did with DD, half the stuff she didnt even wear or use, hoping for another girl this time so can make use of the stuff again! lol

We've been surprisingly nonchalant about decorating/preparing for this baby and it's our first! We've got most things, but still haven't installed the car seat, packed a hospital bag or washed any clothing or diapers and we only have one crib sheet. At least we have most things, so if baby comes tomorrow, we won't be caught without a lot. We didn't want to go overboard buying things we don't need and figured we'll figure out what extra we want after the baby's born. Hubby and I are both pretty practical people about buying stuff.

I don't think there's anything wrong with using the stuff you had for your daughter even if they're pink. My aunt was using a pink stroller for her son when he was little, it was the one she had for her daughter before.

Our big things were gender neutral except for a stroller that i left at my grandmother's, it's a burgundy purple type of color. I plan to put the new baby in it when we're at gran's. I don't often get big things gender specific because I don't like the colors/prints, lol, not due to thinking ahead.

Also, we don't have a nursery and aren't planning to set up one for the moment. Dd sleeps in our room still. We'll probably move her in a separate room so new baby doesn't disturb her. But he'll sleep in our room- we got a cosleeper for the first few months.

I'm team yellow this time and it feels like I've got loads to do, although ive woke up this morning with tonnes of energy(I guess my nestings kicking in) so will take advantage so I can wash and sort all of ds old clothes that could be gender neutral, I need to get the Moses basket and bouncy chair out of storage and wash the covers, I must admit I've got the tandem oram now, it was a weigh off my mind when it arrived (ds will only be 18 months when little beans born) x

I've bought precisely 2 things for this baby: a carseat and a pair of babylegs. lol We have most things left over from my 3 and 5yr olds, except for a bassinet, but they're in storage until we know which house we'll be in (in the process of moving when house sells). If baby is a boy, we're all set.....if it's a girl....she'll be wearing all of her brothers' things! haha :flower:

I'm glad I'm not the only one! I guess I technically do have everything I need for baby, I guess I just feel guilty that I haven't really bought him anything of his own yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->