Anyone else having multiples?

Wish2BMom

Reaction score
Happy 2nd Tri to all! Being that our experiences might be a little different from singletons to multiples, was wondering if anyone else out there is having multiples? I'm expecting twins at the end of (or sometime in) January! Don't know genders just yet but maybe today at my 15/16 week scan!! (I'm 15 + 2)

Good luck to everyone! <3

Congrats, a lot of fun and a lot of crazy. Currently pregnant with a singleton but had multiples last pregnancy. Hope all is going well for you!

Thanks, koi!! Congrats to you and your singleton!

Any advice you'd like to share since you've already been through this? These are our first and last.

You know I said the exact same thing and yet here I am, make sure you get a good birth control lol.

There's so much, is there anything specific your wondering about?

My pregnancy was rough but symptom wise this time has been harder. Shoot for 34 weeks for delivery anything after that is fantastic but just expect to be early (you may not be but better to be prepared).

I will tell you don't buy two of everything (swing,bouncer,etc) only get one as it's not likely you'll use two of most things and you may not use somethings at all. One might love a swing and the other might hate it or they both might hate it. Just get what you need and don't over do it.

Try your best to get them on the same sleep cycle, at 4.5 months I got both mine on a cycle and sleeping through the night it was a life saver for me.

Side by side double strollers are great for seeing both but horrible for fitting into places. It's hard at first but it will become your normal and end up being easier.

I did find the more transitions they made things got easier (bm/formula to milk, baby food to solids, etc).

Twins are tons of fun! If you want to know something specific feel free to ask!

that's all perfect!! Thank you so much! I was definitely curious about the strollers, which were better.
And yes, once I heard that we didn't need 2 of everything, my pragmatic side jumped up and down for that logic!!

haha - I doubt I'll have to worry about birth control. I'll be 42 when I have them and we were LTTTC for 4 yrs, 2 of those IVF and it came down to DE IVF that worked. Sooooo...not terribly worried that we'll get pregnant on our own!

I've been VERY lucky with symptoms - zero morning sickness. Only any nausea when hungry and I had extreme hunger at the beginning so I had to make sure there were snacks around. Other than that, just the fatigue that hit me a little late, but it's not all the time. But when it hits, it HITS!!

do you know the gender of your current LO?

Yes I ve found the more simplistic I kept it and the less stuff the better.

I am glad it all worked out for you for this pregnancy and with two!!

Symptom wise that's great! With mine I had bad food aversion and lived off of protein shakes and bars. I had ms the first 15weeks and heart burn the rest of it. Lots of aches when I got bigger. Just drink lots of water!

As for fatigue I don't believe in second tri energy lol I was/am fatigued all the time. It's no fun!

My LO is a girl and the boys are very happy about it.

Have you found out what yours are??

congrats, dancing!! Do you know what they are?

koi - we don't yet know the genders but we'll hopefully find out on 9/1! That's our anatomy scan day. I can't wait!!
funny you said that about the 2nd tri energy - I haven't lost any energy, I don't think, but I'm certainly not much better about needing a nap if I'm supposed to stay up later than 9/9:30, that's for sure! I did a bit of 'manual labor' yesterday and had to put up a fence in our garden to keep one of our dogs from thieving my tomatoes, and that was fine.

That's great that you're having a little girl to round out your family!! Do you have names picked out yet?

wonderful!! congrats to you!! are these your first?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->