anyone else like me? afraid to ring for blood results!

rachael22

Reaction score
As some of u may know i suffer bad with health anxiety! anyway i had blood tests a few months back FBC, THYROID AND FERRITIN and doctor wanted to see me for a routine appointment, its turned out my iron levels were low but i wasnt anemic so he put me on iron tabs for a month or 2 i cant remember exactly how long now and he wanted to repeat the fbc and ferrritn along with a gluten tolerance test,

had that blood test done 17th dec and realyy cant bring myself to ring for the results,i wish i just could someone please give me advice,wot if the results come back im low after taking the tablets? i seem to think this is the start of an illness! NEVER had anything wrong up untill recently blood results were always fine during pregnancy,i feel sick at the thought of ringing them :nope:

thanks ....

Typically, the doctor will call YOU if the results are abnormal and considering it's been a month since you had the blood drawn, I would think that the results are normal, or at least not alarming. ((HUGS))
My dr. always tells me to call him if I want the results because they won't call me with NORMAL results. HTH

thanks for your reply, when i had the 1st lot drawn in sept it took me two weeks just to ring to be told he wanted a routine appointment about my iron. so if i didnt comtact them over that,do u think they would of contacted me aventually? x

Once doctors receive results and sign off on them (which they have to do) they are then ACCOUNTABLE to you. For example, if you had severe anemia and your doc didn't call you and implement a plan of care and you ended up with major problems as a result, he is liable (legally). It's a lawsuit waiting to happen. I'm pointing this out to show you that there are other reasons, aside from your well being, that make them call when things are abnormal. With ALL that said, however, you will ALWAYS be your best advocate, and it's best to always get a hard copy of your results, even when they are 'normal'.

I agree,if the blood tests flagged anything up they would have contacted you by phone or letter and asked you to make an appointment to see a doctor :hugs: I had blood took (also regarding my kidneys) on tuesday and my doctor said ring up for the result on friday but I didnt and I thought/think they would call me if any dosages or new meds were needed :hugs: xx

Don't be too scared. I know the feeling but best to just find out and figure things out from there. Even if it's low still, if they haven't called you, it's still in the normal range.

I also am almost anemic (my count was 17) and my doc never even mentioned it until I asked about all these bruises on my legs as I started freaking out about leukemia (so, uh, you might have figured I also have anxiety). And it was the result from my second set of tests, that my pp therapist asked me to have the GP do again because of my anxiety symptoms. She never mentioned any result from the first tests but surely it must've been low that time too.

I wasn't even prescribed iron tablets. Can I ask how much iron were you prescribed daily? I'm taking prenatal vitamins and eating lots of beef and just hoping it's good enough.

Good luck, please post about your result. I'm curious how it long it'll take to improve. My GP probably thinks I'm a hypochondriac now so I don't want to ask for another blood test.

Don't be too scared. I know the feeling but best to just find out and figure things out from there. Even if it's low still, if they haven't called you, it's still in the normal range.

I also am almost anemic (my count was 17) and my doc never even mentioned it until I asked about all these bruises on my legs as I started freaking out about leukemia (so, uh, you might have figured I also have anxiety). And it was the result from my second set of tests, that my pp therapist asked me to have the GP do again because of my anxiety symptoms. She never mentioned any result from the first tests but surely it must've been low that time too.

I wasn't even prescribed iron tablets. Can I ask how much iron were you prescribed daily? I'm taking prenatal vitamins and eating lots of beef and just hoping it's good enough.

Good luck, please post about your result. I'm curious how it long it'll take to improve. My GP probably thinks I'm a hypochondriac now so I don't want to ask for another blood test.

omg i too was getting bruises on legs on the top and wonderd why? im not on iron tablets now but i was on 1 a day for about a month then had it re-checked last month and havent rang 4 results as im too scared :nope: u pregnant then?

As some of u may know i suffer bad with health anxiety! anyway i had blood tests a few months back FBC, THYROID AND FERRITIN and doctor wanted to see me for a routine appointment, its turned out my iron levels were low but i wasnt anemic so he put me on iron tabs for a month or 2 i cant remember exactly how long now and he wanted to repeat the fbc and ferrritn along with a gluten tolerance test,

had that blood test done 17th dec and realyy cant bring myself to ring for the results,i wish i just could someone please give me advice,wot if the results come back im low after taking the tablets? i seem to think this is the start of an illness! NEVER had anything wrong up untill recently blood results were always fine during pregnancy,i feel sick at the thought of ringing them :nope:

thanks ....

you are too worried about nothing!
I am anemic, and yes it is a blood thing.....I wont call it disease....
But, it is really not that big a deal. I am anemic. I have to take iron pills that dont even work for me, cuz my red blood cells are super low.
The only shitty thing about being anmic or low in iron is that u get tiered more, u have some headaches and get maybe a littel moody at times. But the quality of life is identical to a normal person's.
You can definitely bring ur iron up. If you totally do what I tell u to, ur iron will go up: lots spinach.....a lot of it! Apples, pistachios....red meat....dont make it well done, the bloodier, the better! Pomegranites are great too!
Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->