anyone else like me? afraid to ring for blood results!

rachael22

Reaction score
As some of u may know i suffer bad with health anxiety! anyway i had blood tests a few months back FBC, THYROID AND FERRITIN and doctor wanted to see me for a routine appointment, its turned out my iron levels were low but i wasnt anemic so he put me on iron tabs for a month or 2 i cant remember exactly how long now and he wanted to repeat the fbc and ferrritn along with a gluten tolerance test,

had that blood test done 17th dec and realyy cant bring myself to ring for the results,i wish i just could someone please give me advice,wot if the results come back im low after taking the tablets? i seem to think this is the start of an illness! NEVER had anything wrong up untill recently blood results were always fine during pregnancy,i feel sick at the thought of ringing them

thanks ....

i think if there was any issues with your results they would have contacted you by now :hug:

i think the results are normal because you def would have heard by now........ i had to have bloods results back in september and the doctor rang me before i could ring them for my results literally days after i had it done and when he said who he was my heart started thumping turns out i have an underactive thyroid which wasnt what i was being tested for but what they found x but i also hate waiting results and anything to do with hopsitals and doctors.....i find it incredibly stressful and worrying x i have to keep having bloods every 4-6 weeks....i have another one at the end of the month to see if my medication is working. x

thanx for your replies lovely ladies :) the only thing im thinking is wot if my iron is low again i had 2 ring last time after 2 weeks to be told i needed a routine appointment within a month :wacko: would they have contacted me because of something that needs a routine appointment x

If it means it needs an appointment even routine and you havent called them i think they do have a duty to call you x

I would just call them, and ask what the results were.

Sometimes they don't call sometimes they do. I usually always phone to check mine.

you will be fine and if your iron levels are low they will continue with your iron tablets, just have a look at foods that are high in iron, please dont worry you will be absolutely fine. i have anxiety myself and i know how limiting things can be something which is simple to others isnt to us. X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->