Anyone else nervous about having 2 kids??

Rickles

Reaction score
Just had the day from hell with my DD. She is whining, needy, won't even walk on the lawn without being carried / holding my hand... and has stopped sleeping and been up for 2 hours from 2-4am for the last few weeks... I'm exhausted and emotional and feel like I can't sit down for 5mins.

Feeling very overwhelmed at the thought of dealing with her and a newborn... does anyone have any words of wisdom or reassurance???

:flower:

Not sure I can offer reassurance, I can empathise though. I'm very nervous about having 2. However, looking at your ticker I'd say as your little girl gets older she will learn to be just that little bit more independent and it makes such a difference. My girl is 2 and a half and she can happily amuse herself for blocks of time these days and less whiny now her communication has advanced. Hopefully her sleep will have settled by then I'm sure too. I always tell myself with my toddler: it's just a phase! It keeps me going anyway.

Argh bless you. I am anxious about having two. I have an anxiety problem and dont cope with my little boy being ill. He suffers fom tonsillitis alot but doctors hen letul us have them out yet. He struggles and I find it hard so my worry is when they are both ill at the same till lol. Im a preschool teacher and lots of my mums are having babies or had babies and sayyou just deal with it amd cope fine. Baby seems to be the one who has to lesrn to wait. As your first child has never reallghad to wait if you know what I mean. I didnt think I would cope feeling nauseous and tired buti have extremely better then what I thought I would lol xxxx

Nope sorry I've no words of wisdom because my daughter is a ruddy nightmare right now :haha: I'm at my wits end some days :(

Just had the day from hell with my DD. She is whining, needy, won't even walk on the lawn without being carried / holding my hand... and has stopped sleeping and been up for 2 hours from 2-4am for the last few weeks... I'm exhausted and emotional and feel like I can't sit down for 5mins.

Feeling very overwhelmed at the thought of dealing with her and a newborn... does anyone have any words of wisdom or reassurance???

:flower:

my LO will be 1yr9mnths when new baby gets here!! im not worried as me and my bro only have 11 months between us and my mum said it was fun and you just get on with it!! *well, here's hoping!!...*

x x

Slightly anxious about the thought of two as well but excited! My DS just turned 2 so he will be 2yrs 7 months when little one arrives and although he can push my stress levels to the max at times I wouldn't have it any other way I can't wait for him to become a big brother later on this year! I think newborns are much easier than toddlers so I'm not overly worried although when the baby reaches the 'terrible twos' like my son then I will have 2 kids keeping me on my toes and probably will be thinking differently LOL!

It's easier than I thought it'd be. My girls are 21 months apart. I'm nervous about having 3. But, I was nervous about just having 1. It will all work out ladies! :)

Nanninnoo: WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN HIDING?

Funny I read this right after my daughter FINALLY calmed down from having a B F (B*** fit, hahaha!)

While she had her freak out I kept thinking to myself, "how in the world am I going to soothe a newborn while dealing with this!" But then I remember women have been taking care of multiple children for hundreds of years, and although they say it takes a village to raise a child, we all no we're on our own. It can be done! lol

Oh yes!

LO is currently full time at nursery as I've started my new job so hopefully that'll make him a bit better around other children in time for the baby.

Is anyone planning anything to make it easier on LO when the baby arrives? I'm thinking about getting a baby doll and getting him used to it etc, like getting him to be gentle and cuddle it - what do you think?

That's perfect Zilla. All we did was talk about it a lot. Visit the Baby Depot and let Chloe pick out some baby things. I was in the hospital for 3 days when I had Zoela and... couldn't see Chloe at all. She couldn't visit because of flu outbreak.

When I brought Zoela home. I put her down in the bassinet and was going to spend one on one time with Chloe. But she didn't want me at all. Just wanted her sister.

Yes!!!!! My son turned 2 in February I'm expecting second baby in October, he still doesn't sleep through the night, is very clingy, and we're working on potty training. My biggest fear though is my son possibly not getting the attention he deserve once new baby arrives, I don't want him to be lost amongst the chaos

Definitely nervous my ds is 2 in July and has been such a good calm happy baby .... UNTIL NOW Temper tantrums r us! fingers crossed he will be over them within 6 months 😮

My son is 8 and I'm due in December. I'm nervous because there is going to be such a huge difference in age between them and I'm not sure how well its going to go. He seems to be at a stage right now where all he wants to do is play outside and doesn't really want anything to do with me so I have a feeling that when baby comes he will see how much attention baby is getting and be jealous. He's been wanting a brother or sister for a very long time though so I know that he will be excited....it's just going to be a very big change for everybody. I know it can be done though because me and my sister are 7 years apart.

Also worried that it's been so long that I've forgotten a lot. Lol. Definitely nervous though!

theres only a year an 11days between my too an am preg again. Youngest is clingy, shes been crying/screaming only quietens when picked up. There will be near 2yrs between second an new bubs due dec an shel be 2 in jan

theres only a year an 11days between my too an am preg again. Youngest is clingy, shes been crying/screaming only quietens when picked up. There will be near 2yrs between second an new bubs due dec an shel be 2 in jan

There will be rough times, of course, but it's all about routine. Once you have a routine sorted you'll just adapt to life with more than one and it becomes easier.

Honestly, the idea of this baby joining the family doesn't faze me in the slightest. I think going from 1 to 2 seems like the biggest deal.. 2-3 was fine and I'm sure 3-4 will be just as easy.

You'll be fine, I promise :)

It's easier than I thought it'd be. My girls are 21 months apart. I'm nervous about having 3. But, I was nervous about just having 1. It will all work out ladies! :)

Nanninnoo: WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN HIDING?

I'm here! Just been lurking about.....as you do :haha:

Thanks ladies - nice to know I'm not the only one!

Told OH last night and he pointed out both our mothers had done it and survived!! My mum has said number two just fits in with the family - because they and you don't have any choice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->