Anyone else not really bothered about olympics, Jubillie, football etc?

hypnorm

Reaction score
Just wondered if there were any other people out there who are a bit 'meh' about the whole queens Jubillie, Olympics, Olympic torch fad, and then the bloody football.

Apparently the country is in debt but how much has the queens party cost the economy?
Ok they Olympics is creating jobs. But what happens once it's done.
All my Facebook is covered in football stuff.

Dunno I'm just not that bothered by any of it, I did watch the queens concert and thought that was equally poor!

I couldn't give a frig either, I generally try and avoid these things as much as possible!

I keep getting told its a once I a life time thing, over half of my son class dissapeared to watch the torch come through Stroud and I felt slightly guilty that he was left with 7 of his class mates. Seriously... You had a better view watching it on telly! How much did each gas lighter torch cost too!!, I was told they were worth £500 each dunno if that is true or not!

Haha, yea. The first thing in my mind when I found out the torch crap is in Edinburgh on Wednesday was 'I hope I can still get to my exam OK'

If it makes people happy then fair enough but it all seems like a silly distraction to me x

I loved the jubilee but HATE football and not fussed about Olympics- wouldnt go to London while Olympics on if you paid me!

I loved the jubilee but HATE football and not fussed about Olympics- wouldnt go to London while Olympics on if you paid me!

That sounds like my attitude to Edinburgh during the Festival :rofl:

haha I hate crowds! Its going to be full of police etc too, just manic! I wouldnt mind so much if it didnt take over TV!

I'm about 15mins away from the Olympic stadium and I'm dreading it all.... I've booked a couple of weeks away in Scotland to try and escape some of it!!

It's a waste of money IMO!! I never took part in the Jubilee (just another bank holiday weekend to me!) and as for football....... :growlmad:

Saying that - the olympic torch will be going past the end of our road sometime in July and the kids want to go and see it, so I'll be standing there with them watching it go past.

Can't wait to see the back of 2012 tbh! xx

I thought I was dull by not giving a shite about any of it :lol:

Not bothered either...
Hubby wanted to go see the torch relay then realised it wasnt the actual torch, but one of many going around the country...it didnt seem so special after that.

I'm not a royalist by any stretch, but the monarchy generate a large amount of money in tourism. They also still have a bit of clout with overseas matters, business and charity. A great deal of what was spent on the Jubilee e.g. the gilded barge was funded by private benefactors, not the uk economy.

The Olympics are costing less than 0.1% of total GDP, and should generate jobs, tourism, travel, potentially more interest in sport...and regeneration of parts of East London. I'm sure the Westfield Centre in Stratford wouldn't have been built if it hadnt been for the Olympics.

As for the footie...can't be bothered at all! The team are am embarrassment, and the whole dropping of Rio to save Terry's (waste of) space is a joke.

Gimme Wimbledon ANY day...now that, I can't wait for :D

Me! If im honest it bores me to death!

Nope, couldn't care less!
Anti-royals, anti-football, anti-Olympics!

God i'm a grouch! ;)

Mwah so glad I'm not the only grouch lol We escaped to France to avoid the whole thing cost less than sevent quid for all 4 of us plus the car from dover to calais :)

Me!!! I am not bothered by any of it. DH on the other hand HAS to watch every football match :roll: seriously, why?! Urgh, can't wait for it to be over!!

Xx

I wasn't too bothered about the royal jubilee! I did watch the boats go down the Thames on the T.v for a lil while though!

Not bothered about the football! Mainly because England never seem to get anywhere and I'm tired of being disappointed time and time again lol.
Also, football has completely taken over the T.V and there only seems to be a load of rubbish on at the moment :grr:

The Olympics I haven't really given much thought tbh! I'm not really feeling the hype! I'll probably watch the opening ceromony on the telly and after that it will all be it a bit meh!

x

I wasn’t too excited about the queen's jubilee but I went to a party held at a park 5 mins down the road from me and had a really good time. They had a massive bouncy castle for all the kids and free sandwiches and cake which I thought was brilliant. The football is never off in my home, you would have thought I would have learnt to love it but I cant stand it grrrrrrrr.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->