Anyone else on blood thinning injections

2nd time

pregnant with #7
Reaction score
I saw my consultant on tues and have been prescribed fragmin injections for the next 36 weeks.

Does anyone else have this I'm at increased risk of dvt due to parity age and my mum having lots of pe s

Just wondered if anyone wants to chat about this

I saw my consultant on tues and have been prescribed fragmin injections for the next 36 weeks.

Does anyone else have this I'm at increased risk of dvt due to parity age and my mum having lots of pe s

Just wondered if anyone wants to chat about this

Hello, i am also on blood thinners and asprin xx Mine is due to a clotting disorder, i have called thrombophilia type 2 fact 2. It has cause me to have a stillbirth ( before we knew about it ) and 6 clots in my lungs ( didn't take my medicine after ds3 was born xx I am used to them now xx this is my 4th pregnancy on them xxxx How are you finding them?

To be honest I have had them since Tuesday and haven't done one yet I'm worried about them. I had them post partum with number 4 for a week and number 5 for six weeks this is number seven and I feel like it's a long time to be on them. Never had them whilst pregnant before

To be honest I have had them since Tuesday and haven't done one yet I'm worried about them. I had them post partum with number 4 for a week and number 5 for six weeks this is number seven and I feel like it's a long time to be on them. Never had them whilst pregnant before

What is worrying you about them? ( Don't want to sound pushy but you need to take them!)

I really don't know . One thing is not being able to have an epidural but then I haven't had one with the last two through choice anyway. I guess I'm just a medication phobic I hate taking anything . I know I will have to start them.

I also don't like the idea of injecting my stomach when baby is there

I really don't know . One thing is not being able to have an epidural but then I haven't had one with the last two through choice anyway. I guess I'm just a medication phobic I hate taking anything . I know I will have to start them.

I also don't like the idea of injecting my stomach when baby is there

You can inject in the thigh if it's better for you xx Trust me though, you won't get anywhere near baby xx As for the epidural, they should give you a day for induction as a safer option for when you are giving birth, i am always induced and don't take the injection that morning x So if i wanted an epidural, i could have one ( i don't bother though x)

I know what you mean about not wanting to take anything, but, it's for the baby... Trust me, they benefit more than you do xxxx How far along are you?

I'm 12+5 at the moment never been induced and no one has mentioned that to me. I'm in the uk so maybe they don't work the same

I'm 12+5 at the moment never been induced and no one has mentioned that to me. I'm in the uk so maybe they don't work the same

I'm a uk mummy too, if you are really worried about the prospect of not being able to have the epidural you can request you are induced. Have you seen the actual consultant yet or their team? You will probably have a 26 week appointment with the consultant and it might be spoken about then.

I'm a uk mummy too, if you are really worried about the prospect of not being able to have the epidural you can request you are induced. Have you seen the actual consultant yet or their team? You will probably have a 26 week appointment with the consultant and it might be spoken about then.

Thanks I had no idea it could mean induction why didn't they tell me I will take it now and speak to mw about it.

It sounds weird but I love labour and the excitement of not knowing when it's coming so induction would be a downer but conversely with five kids at home it might be more convenient lol thanks

Well let u know how I get on

Thanks I had no idea it could mean induction why didn't they tell me I will take it now and speak to mw about it.

It sounds weird but I love labour and the excitement of not knowing when it's coming so induction would be a downer but conversely with five kids at home it might be more convenient lol thanks

Well let u know how I get on

yeah make sure you do, i will add you as a contact x

Well I bit the bullet and did my first injection got a bruise from it but was ok really

Well I bit the bullet and did my first injection got a bruise from it but was ok really

Good for you, i find the trick is to inject it very slowly and don't rub the injection place after xxx With ds3 my bruises were huge, but i just get teenie weenie ones now. xxx You did good mummy!

Third injection done still stings but it's ok but I'm mildly freaking out because this one bubbled when I put it in like there was air in the suringe is this normal / ok

Third injection done still stings but it's ok but I'm mildly freaking out because this one bubbled when I put it in like there was air in the suringe is this normal / ok

there should be a small air bubble in the injection, make sure its not on the same side as the needle, its to help it go in easier, if its at the needle end, it will stop the medicine coming out. xx

The injections suck but they are so, so important! It helps to think of them as being injected into fat and not into the stomach (or baby.) :)

I've been on them with this pregnancy since the day I found out I was pregnant and will be until six weeks post-partum. It stinks, but it's all for the best. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->