Anyone else overdue and still hoping for a home birth?

cath_x

Reaction score
I'm 15 days over according to scan date, 9 according to LMP which is what the midwives/consultant have recently decided to go on.

I had been scheduled for an induction on Friday, but have discussed this at length and we've put a plan in place to go in for some monitoring and scanning on Friday instead. All being well with me and my baby, I intend to see what happens for another few days at least.

Seems like only the last couple of days that anything significant has been happening, I had my 4th sweep on Monday (the other 3 weren't really sweeps, as my cervix wasn't favourable), and only on this last one was the midwife able to sweep properly. I'm getting some tightenings, nothing regular, and losing some cervical mucus, but again only in the last day or so.

To my mind, my baby simply hasn't been ready to think about being born yet:shrug: I'm healthy, she's healthy, heartbeat is perfect, movement is constant etc - why rush?

I'm starting to feel the pressure from everyone around me though. It's as if the potential complications of induction are all irrelevant, but for some reason, my placenta is going to just completely fail me all of a sudden.

Couldn't possibly be because my dates were out a bit, or she just needs a little more time to develop could it:shrug::wacko:

I'm not irrationally against induction, but if there's a possibility to let things progress at their own speed, at the same time ensuring my baby is perfectly happy, then it makes sense to me to do that.

Please tell me I'm not the only one who feels this way?

I'm completely behind you on this one sister!

So long as you and baby are healthy stick to your guns. This is YOUR birth and YOUR baby! Don't be pushed around.

Sadly being a homebirth hopeful means having to deal with constant outside worry and stress from other people.

Hibernate for a bit :thumbup:

Hibernation sounds good right now, I dread seeing most people at the moment, especially the in-laws:dohh:

I'm going to be the same as you if I go overdue hun. By when I ovulated I'm due on 13th Jan but scan says 8th. I'm sticking with the 13th and as long as me and baby are fine and being monitored, I'll wait until he/she is ready to make an appearance :D

XxX:kiss:

I'm not pregnant but I saw the thread and didn't want to r&r!
Every baby grows and develops at their own speed, maybe she's just not done putting on the last few oz before birth :) As long as you're fine and so's your LO, hang in there! :thumbup:

Thanks girls :flower:

Well, I've had a rather large bloody show today, have also been for my 3rd session of relexology which was brilliant and really got contractions started, although they're still irregular for now. Fingers crossed I won't even need to go in for monitoring tomorrow if I go into labour tonight :thumbup:

If not, I'm hopeful I won't get too hard a time of not wanting induction tomorrow, all being well with the monitoring etc, since things now seem to be starting to move by themselves:happydance:

Oooh fingers crossed that something's happening for you!

I feel the same as you, although obviously I'm not overdue yet lol! I was induced at +10 and +13 days with my last 2 pregnancies and assuming I'll go over with this one too (trying reverse psychology already hehe). I really want to hang on as long as possible this time and hopefully go into labour on my own so I can finally have my homebirth!

Louloubabs, I'm due a few days before you so we can maybe offer each other some moral support if needed later on?

Well, not in labour yet, but just been on the CTG monitor and everything looks perfectly healthy with baby. Plus it was showing up some contractions which was fascinating - i coyld feel them, but had been assuming it was the baby pushing at my uterus wall!
Just waiting on the registrar now to see what they say but apparently she's in theatre....
I really hate being in hospitals lol! Looks like i might be stuck here a while......

Keep us updated hun :) Hope you're not waiting too much longer.

XxX:kiss:

Contractions started at 3am, coming every 6 mins or so now. Positive vibes much appreciated please :happydance:
Natal hypnotherapy working miracles so far as long as i focus

In the name of positivity, I'll go with it all went AMAZINGLY and she can now be a beacon of hope to us all! :rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->