Anyone else practice Attachment Parenting?

Samantha675

Maybe baby #3?!?
Reaction score
I don't want to start a debate about parenting styles, but was wondering if anyone else here practices AP?

I went to my first AP group yesterday and I am feeling so much better about being a parent. I have to be honest and say that motherhood has been kicking my ass up one side and down the other lately. As I have posted Brennan is not a good sleeper, so I have not been getting much sleep. With reading how babies here sleep through, and advice from people to let him CIO (which my DH and I have chosen not to ever do) I have really having a hard time. I was beginning to wonder why I have ever made the decision to have a baby. Which made me feel even worse. So I went to the meeting and spoke to a group of mothers and they all said they had problems with sleep and just were lovely and reasuring and it made me feel not so alone. As I folded clothes last night, I realized that I can do this, I am strong and I will make it thought. And so while Brennan may not sleep through the night for a long time, I know that eventually he will.

good for you, sounds like you are doing brilliantly. what is attachment parenting exactly sounds interesting?

Hang in there sweetie! I know you will do just fine. You are a great mommy! Bren just doesn't want to sleep cause he wants to spend as much time with you as he can!! :rofl:

You are a great mum im sure...

What is attachment parenting exactly?

im pretty sure I dont ??? haha... each to their own... we are pretty attached in the day though?

I googled it lol :)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Attachment_parenting

I think I've done a few things without realising. natural childbirth, BFing and co-sleeping.

I won't be homeschooling? :rofl: But I co-sleep, feed on demand, don't leave her to cry etc x

:hugs:
I think you're doing great, especially with sticking to your guns.

It's great that you've found some people who are supportive and feel the same way you do :hugs:

Cant say ive heard of attatchment parenting but your doing great hun kida arent easy x

It is interesting hearing about other people's babies and how they sleep but from the ones I have met I don't think it has much to do with parenting style.... some sleep and some don't. Also I think because you are so honest about Brennan's night wakening it makes it look worse, many people I have met claim various things about their babies including alleging they "sleep through" and I know a lot of it is pants, they must think it makes em look better or something!

Aww Samantha :hugs: hang in there, girlfriend! When I saw you paired with me for the secret santa and you sent a sling, I knew we were a match :thumpup:. I am also into the attachment parenting style. I had my natural childbirth and am a 100% cloth diapering, breast feeding, cosleeping, babywearing mama! That's cool that there is a AP group that gets together where you are! The support must be wonderful :).

I think you are doing a great job, you are a FAB mum!

Whenever i have those days like i can't cope i always think it won't be like this forever, they will eventually sleep through :)

Here are some good links that explain AP really well, there are lots of different articles on it on here

https://www.askdrsears.com/html/10/t130100.asp

We do practice AP in most ways, we coslept (but only in the first year, then they went in their own beds), breastfeeding until they self wean, no CIO, gentle discipline, babywearing, we cloth diaper (which isn't really AP that much I guess), and some other stuff

Oh hun, your doing a wonderful job, Brennans pictures speak a thousand words how much he adores you :hugs: and parenting is such a hard job and sometimes thankless one that it can get even the best of us down... as for the AP then each to their own, you do whats best for you and your baby, i did some, i started bfing and have and sometimes still do co-sleep..
my midwife friend says some babies just dont need a lot of sleep, and some like their sleep a lot

As long as Bren is a happy healthy baby then your doing everything right hun :hugs:

xxx

Like everyone has said your doing a wonderful job :hugs: and he's not the only one not sleeping through the night. Noah wakes up every 3 hours most of the time. I know how you feel, most of the time I have to hold Noah in order for him to take a nap. I have the same thoughts some days.

I'd never heard of it but the end result is you feeling better about yourself :D

Little off topic but mommyof3co your obsessed with this sears guy!?

I'd never heard of it but the end result is you feeling better about yourself :D

Little off topic but mommyof3co your obsessed with this sears guy!?

Dr. Sears is a huge advocate of AP, I think he may have coined the phrase and did actually write the book on it. He has been a pediatrician forever, his wife is a nurse and LC, and now his two oldest sons are pediatricians and write books. He and his wife also raised 8 kids. He is the 'guru' of AP. :)

I didn't just mean solely this topic I meant in general (often referring to the same website) ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
babygiftcoll
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->