Anyone else sHort of breath?

gracie97

Reaction score
Hi all! I'm 9 weeks now and occasionally have days where I can't seem to catch a deep breath. Feels like I need to yawn or keep trying to get one in. Doctor did a few tests and says everything looks fine, but ugh, it's driving me crazy. Never had this with my first two! It's maybe worse when I'm bloated or have just eaten. Anyone else in the same boat?

I get that already and I'm only 6 1/2 weeks. I think it is from increasing blood volume and your heart is working harder to pump all that blood. It gets a little easier in the second trimester when hormones start to level out but it comes back in the third trimester when the baby gets bigger and weight piles on.

I do a lot of cleaning, lifting and bending up and down at work (I work customer service) and I'm already starting to get short of breath once and a while.
I think it's partially to do with being tired too.

I got winded a lot with DS- this is a little different though? Just sitting on the sofa, hungry for air. Weird.

Ive heard this is a symptom of twin pregnancy 😉 xx

Could be increased blood flow, but can also be a sign of low iron. Id talk with your OB and ask to check your levels just to be safe. Hope you feel better soon. :hugs:

Iron levels are great- and it's only one bean as far as the ultrasound could see!

I got this a lot in first trimester - couldn't even walk up the stairs without being out of breath, or even if I spoke for too long in one go, I got out out of breath!
My iron levels were fine too and only one baby in there this time..!
I'm now 16 weeks and it's all settled down, probably in the last few weeks it's pretty much gone :)

Well, good to know it'll hopefully go away? Thank you all for your input!

I had this between about 7-9 weeks but it's been better for me since, it's a weird feeling though for sure!

I've spent all day lying down as I keep getting the spins the heat is making if worse

I had this from 6w-9w. Seems to have gone away for now... (FX'd) I had my iron checked and it's on the low end of normal, but definitely normal. All my blood counts are fine. OB says it's because of all the extra blood and hormones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->