Anyone else? Short temper with older child?

Emilylove13

Reaction score
My 3 (almost 4) year old is making me crazy. I've certainly never hit her or anything but I definitely find myself yelling more than I should. She throws things, screams, hits, doesn't listen...I feel like I'm going to lose it! And then sometimes she'll come and lay down on me and be all sweet. Can't tell if it's her acting up or if I'm being more sensitive than normal.

I could have written this exact post. Today I'm down with a terrible head cold and DD just would not let up, whining, hitting, crying, then when I'm at my whits end and ready to cry she curls up on the couch with me and drapes herself over my belly.

My temper is definitely a lot shorter than normal right now, then again I feel like as we get deeper into the 2's my daughters testing my limits a lot more.

My temper with my 7 year old ds is definitely a lot shorter the last week or so!! I also didn't know if it was me being easily aggitated or him being more naughty!! I'm tired of growling though!

This is me. I have cried on several evenings after my 3 year old has gone to bed because I feel guilty for getting cross with him over such silly things. My hormones are all over the place. I need to make more effort to bite my tongue over the stupid things he doesn't deserve a miserable mummy. I think it's just a mixture of that testing age anyway and the fact that everything seems magnified whilst pregnant. They know we love them! I hope :haha:

Not pg here but I have always found the 3 year olds more challenging than the 'terrible' 2's :)

I have a 4yo DD and I have a much shorter temper with her recently. I blame hormones!

Today my fuse is completely gone. My toddler has done nothing but whine and this obnoxious whiny sound all flipping day. She's getting into everything that I say no to, and we've done so many so many time outs and it's only 1:00.

I had this exactly with my last pregnancy and I will hopefully encourage you by saying a little after 25ish weeks it got so much better!!

I'm starting to get really "fly off the handle" hormonal again and I hate it!!!

I have a 3 year old and it's definitely the same for me! I've no patience at all, and I think because she knows there's a baby on the way she's wanting constant attention which I can't give all the time. She gets frustrated, I get frustrated and it's a constant battle. She's not even badly behaved, she's just very strong willed and independent and doesn't want to do anything I ask/tell her then I end up shouting! Even as I write this she's tucked up sound asleep in bed and the mum guilt is working it's way out 😂😭

Could be both. I have yelled at my class a lot and I have never yelled in 5 years of teaching but ffs these kids are getting on my nerves

Oh yes. My 4 year old is really testing my very thin patience levels. But then so is everyone I come into contact with!

Oh yes....this was me today with my 18 month old and I just feel horrible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->