Anyone else snacking all day long?

skris4

Reaction score
I am 21 weeks today and this past week I've been eating/snacking all day long. In the past 3 hours I've had a cup of millet porridge, a bowl of oatmeal with yogurt, a persimmon, a kiwi, a bag of mini pretzels and a small cup of dried fruits. I just ordered lunch (stir fry with white rice) which will arrive in an hour. Anyone else eating constantly and still feeling hungry?

This is me.
I binge eat so much! I've gained about 15 to 20 lbs and I'm not even half way done yet!
I get so many cravings!! And not good ones, either. Like ice cream and gummies, and pickles and chips.
I eat bigger portions at meals now, too and snack in between.
This pregnancy is the one that will break my figure lol.

I eat constantly...I'm so hungry! I eat easily twice as much as I did pre-preg. I try to make somewhat healthy food choices like dried fruit or string cheese or cottage cheese to get by until meal times, but I'm sure by the end of the day I've eaten like 3k calories. And now I also get hungry in the middle of the night and will wake up nauseous with hunger, and I'll have to eat some crackers or something to get back to sleep. Ridiculous! I've gained 13 lbs total so far, but this SUPER hunger just started the last couple weeks so I can foresee that number quickly rising...

I wish! I would if I could. Unfortunately, I was a little over weight before baby and now I have to be careful not to gain too much.

I snack all day long and string my meals out too as I can't scoff anything down fast. But I also ensure that what I eat isn't super calorific high carb foods. IE I'll snack on veggies all day like sugar snap peas, carrots, I like red cabbage & yoghurt dip, beans, and nuts, I also like pomegranates as they take a long time to eat, figs, grapes, gooseberries, and greek plain yoghurt (anything flavoured is usually the same sugar & carb content as chocolate bars) etc.

In my car I have seaweed snacks and I take those for movies. My meals limit carbs to a handful, I have gestational diabetes and I find that the sugar in carby foods doesn't make me feel well. I generally feel puky when I don't have enough protein and too much carb.

Eating carbs packs the weight on for me and makes me feel quite ill with the sugar loads. Protein & veg with some fruit seem to make me feel the best. With my first pregnancy last year I gained 24 pounds and with the twins this year so far I'm nearly 24 weeks and have gained 18 pounds. Protein keeps me satiated too for longer periods of time whereas rice, pasta, grains, breads make me hungry with the constant sugar rollercoaster.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->