Anyone else totally stumped this year?

leoniebabey

mam of 2 boys
Reaction score
I literally have zero ideas!
My boys are 8 and 6. Not asking for or into anything really and barely play with the toys they have.

I feel like this with dd2 who is 4.

Like she has everything. Although DD1 Had an op under GA yesterday and we got her some polly pocket sets and DD2 is obsessed with them. But still honestly no idea for her main gifts.

X

I feel like this about my daughter as she has so many things and doesn't even play with everything she has. I feel like we will just be adding to the clutter!

So hard isn’t it when they have everything! I think it’s getting harder because I’m refusing to buy utter rubbish just for the sake of it to bulk out the pile!
Oldest has asked for a Nintendo switch but I’ve told him not to get his hopes up for that as I just don’t see the point in spending all that money when they have a perfectly fine Xbox one and wii u which they still play on.
I’m going to get them a couple new Xbox games each (spyro and crash bandicoot and i’ve saw some new games coming out soon which I think they’d like)
They like mine craft but mainly just playing it as they have a box of little figures which is collecting dust.
They both have tablets which are still in good order.
Could maybe get them new scooters but feel like scooters might have been done to death now as they get a new one every couple years.
They don’t do crafty things, never play with their superhero figures, have tonnes of hot wheel sets that never see the light of day, same with the Lego sets.
Frustrating!!
I feel like this with dd2 who is 4.

Like she has everything. Although DD1 Had an op under GA yesterday and we got her some polly pocket sets and DD2 is obsessed with them. But still honestly no idea for her main gifts.

X

Aw bless, hope she has a speedy recovery! X

I find it really awkward when they start out growing toys but aren't teenagers/adults. This year the only one I had plenty of ideas for was DS3 who is 8. He still really loves his toys, so there were loads of ideas there, he's also home educated so there was tons of educational stuff that looked fun, and he had loads of ideas of his own so I've finished for him and there's still a ridiculous number of things that are possible birthday ideas. The older two haven't played with toys for years and DS4 is starting to slowly out grow them, he's 5 next week!
I have managed to find a decent amount of things for each of them though and only need to get a few little bits now.

I find it really awkward when they start out growing toys but aren't teenagers/adults. This year the only one I had plenty of ideas for was DS3 who is 8. He still really loves his toys, so there were loads of ideas there, he's also home educated so there was tons of educational stuff that looked fun, and he had loads of ideas of his own so I've finished for him and there's still a ridiculous number of things that are possible birthday ideas. The older two haven't played with toys for years and DS4 is starting to slowly out grow them, he's 5 next week!
I have managed to find a decent amount of things for each of them though and only need to get a few little bits now.

Just want to get them both a decent amount but the stuff they have asked for are expensive and tiny.
So far I have only preordered a fortnite funko thing and spyro for the Xbox
We go on holiday in 10 days so won’t be starting properly til after that.
I wish my littlest was into things but he’s not into doing anything

Yep. I feel that whatever I am buying is just to make up a list. They have everything and play with nothing!
They love Barbie's, babies and LOLs and we have tons of them. If I ask them what they want they don't really know.
Cutting back this year, so I'm actually not far off finishing them apart from little stocking bits.

Just want to get them both a decent amount but the stuff they have asked for are expensive and tiny.
So far I have only preordered a fortnite funko thing and spyro for the Xbox
We go on holiday in 10 days so won’t be starting properly til after that.
I wish my littlest was into things but he’s not into doing anything

Everything gets so expensive as they get older and I feel like it all looks so boring as well. DS1 it's just gaming things and books, and DS2 does play games but he's mostly in to his sports and there's only so many kits you can buy for that. Stocking fillers are the hardest as I don't like to buy expensive things for their actual stockings but they don't want the little surprise bags etc that used to be my go to.

I feel like I'm in the same boat. DD has so much already and she doesn't play with it. The Paw Patrol tower that she just had to have last year has been played with maybe 3 or 4 times. I cut back last year and this year I'm cutting back again, so only planning 5 or 6 things, but can't come up with even 3 things for her. The only thing she's asked for over and over is the scruff a luvs pet, and my sister got her that. I think closer to time I'll probably come up with some things, but as of now I've not got a clue.

What's even more tricky is when I ask DDs what they would like (from Santa) they can't even come up with anything either! DD2 just says LOLs but we have sooo many and I like their Santa gift to be something decent (I'm not paying for the stupid price LOLs either).

My boys are also 8 and 6. They are getting:
nerf stratobow
ps4 games x3 (not new releases)
basketball net as joint present and 2 balls
gaming chair
Fortnite stuff - keyring, wallet, maybe llama teddy
Stunt scooter.

They also havent asked for anything apart from cosmo and a vr which they arent getting

Glad I’m not the only one having this battle haha!
My oldest asked for a drone. I said nope no way because I know it will be one of those things that gets taken out once and never again so did said child go and ask nana and did she order it for him for Xmas off her. Great haha! Trust grandparents!

I can't think of anything much for my DD's. DS has a big list of things he'd love so he's nice and easy but the girls haven't expressed an interest in anything in particular. I will be able to find plenty of books/playdough/craft bits/MLP/unicorn things (their main interests) but I'd like it if there was something they'd both really love to receive.

haha mine also asked for drone which was a no lol. So far all they have asked for is a no
Same for mine really haha!
Nintendo switch is a no because they already have 2 consoles which are perfectly fine and they play on them too much to start with!
Anything slime related = nope

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->