Anyone else TTC #2+ and have a child with serious health issues?

Cara x

Reaction score
Wondering if anyone else feels the same?

I have been desperate for #2 since Oliver was about 1 year. When he was 3.5 he was diagnosed with a heart condition and I think that is half the reason we waited so long to ttc #2.

I was an only child and hated it, I don't want him to be one and he keeps asking for a sibling. I am more desperate than ever to have another baby and I get so upset every cycle that goes by without a BFP.

But in spite of all that, I sometimes wonder if we are being selfish for trying to bring another child into the family just now. We don't know for sure if Oliver's condition is hereditary or not (although it's unlikely), and I think of all the time and attention he needs and I worry if that's unfair on another child. He needs monitored regularly and A&E is a common occurrence for us, and everything moves quite fast and frighteningly when it happens. So #2 may end up being left with grandparents or, worst case scenario, having to come to hospital and watch it all.

Just wondering if anyone else shares these worries, or if any mummies have experience of this kind of situation.

I have similar case.
My little guy is 2 next week.
He has cerebral palsy and epilepsy
We hve lots of appointments and therapies and sometimes hosp from epilepsy
I worry that I won't hve time and energy enough to care for both properly
I had thought I could so we ttc early this year
I had suspected ectopic, whichvturned out not to be
But ended in miscarriage.
Now I want to ttc but I don't want to :-D

I know y posted this a bit back
Did u decide?

Users who are viewing this thread