Anyone else waiting to go into labor?

jen435

our miracle is on the way
Reaction score
My obgyn gave me the due date of may 17 but I added 2 extra weeks and made it june 1 because I know the exact date I had my +opk so I know that I ovulated a few days later then cycle day 14. Well here we are on the date I am going by and I watched my edd with my doctor come and go. I have tried everything lots of sex, acupressure, massage, tons of walking, ate lots of pineapple, eggplant parm with basil and oregano, jumping jacks, dancing, bouncing on yoga ball, relaxation techniques, squats, warm bath, hand nipple stimulation etc I cant even remember everything ive tried for the past 3 1/2 weeks. Well anyways here I sit on my date I picked just incase I went over and im afraid ill have to be induced this week as they really don't feel comfortable with me being over my due date much longer. I also have had a few sweeps and stretch but they never hurt like most people say they do so im not sure if they did them right. What is most frustrating is that May 14 I went into labor at my obgyn appt. They actually monitored me for almost an hour and then told me to go straight to labor and delivery. Well labor slowed and didn't progress. I have been losing my plug since then and keep losing more and more. I never knew how much gluey stuff there was in a pregnancy!!! (sorry for tmi) I even had the bloody show part with contractions that followed but didn't last long enough and weren't regular enough. Now I sit at 70% effaced and 3cm dilated since Tuesday. Anyone else waiting??? Any ideas on something that could help?? I really don't want to try my breast pump since im planning to breast feed and if I went into labor I don't want to take away babys first colostrum. But its only thing I can think of that I didn't try. Im starting to feel like its never going to happen naturally :shrug:

sorry hun all I can say is Good Luck and fx that it happens for u real soon xxx

Thank you! I am just worried to be induced. As I learned my mom was induced with all three of her children and she was late by 2 1/2 weeks with me and she still needed to be induced!! My sister also was induced since she was a week late and couldnt take being pregnant anymore. Not sure if its hereditary but im really hoping to go naturally with some miracle since I am making progress. But not sure how safe it is to wait. My neighbor told me she was a month late before she finally let the doctors induce her but im not sure how dangerous that could be.

:baby:oh yes im waiting for labour my due date is today I have also tried everything an more to get my labour started but nothing lots an lots of harsh tighitings but nothing to strong as this is my "6 baby thought I would of had him by now so what are you gonna try today and I will also trying so hard to bring this labour on got consult app on Monday for either induction or induction date hopfully I will have be4 Monday Raspberry leaf tea and capsols has not worked so don,t know what else to do good luck :hugs:

Goodluck! Sixth baby thats incredible! :) I hope we both have baby soon. Im having severe tightening since 3am hnothing else here as well. Its 93 degrees so no walking today. The pool is ice cold too so idk if i could bear trying it she may not like that anyway. Guess yoga ball and walking in house today. What will u try? Come on babies!!!

I was due in the 18th may and was really hoping to go naturally. They booked me for induction on Friday but I managed to stave it off by agreeing to monitoring each day but they've only given me to tomorrow. Midwife says if I want to hold off induction again I'm probably going to have to fight pretty hard. Everyone surprised at how happy baby is in there! I'm going to try and chill out this at, go for a walk in the sunshine and enjoy my day. Getting worked up is only likely to slow down anything that might be happening ( I was 2cm dilated on Thursday and have had more cramps, tightening and bloody show since). Maybe I will go for my appointment tomorrow and magically be 4 cm and not need to be induced! :)

X

Well went to labour ward as was havin 3/10 contractions dilation checked and NOTHING I was so sure they were gonna become much more stronger but hey got app an scan tomorrow as growth is a bit low but we,ll see hoping for sweep or induction date don't think I will get sweep as my others have all been pre term spontaneous labours so tryin for a vbac as riley was emerc section others all normal V/D deliveries good luck I keep thread updated

You don't have to worry about not having colostrum even if you pump now. That is the only thing your body will make until a few days after delivery. The placenta detaching from the uterus is what starts producing the hormones that trigger you to start making milk instead of colostrum. Some women with gestational diabetes are even instructed to save some colostrum via pumping beforehand called "colostrum harvesting" in case their babies need it immediately after birth due to sugar levels and they don't want them to be given formula.
So pump away if you want to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->