Anyone else with a large age gap?

H

heyyady

My oldest are 19 and 14, and the twins are 4 months- just wondering jf anyone else has the family spread we have going on, and any suggestions for family outtings etc that include them all?

I have twins aged 10, and my baby is 9 months, atm she isnt walking so we do lots of things with the boys, and take her along anyway, they undertand stopping and feeding etc, and get involved, we just came back from a haven holiday, which was exhausting but the kids enjoyed it, it will be so much easier next year when she is walking, we go over the park with the ball etc on a nice day, we take the multi gym and lay her under it, and put a blanket over and she has a nap to. we tyake picnic etc

This is a hard one. My sons are 16 and 14 and my daughter is 5. Swimming is a good one if you have somewhere to go. Its gotten easier as shes gotten older. Now we can go to the movies and amusment parks. She likes to watch them on the big rides lol.

We have a 14yr old... and about to have a 2nd child soon. I'm sure there will be times it may be tough... but I think just do something everyone may enjoy, and take turns watching baby or toddler when needed. Like if we go to a swim park with rides, then I'll go on the rides with oldest while Dad watching little one in the kiddy pool for a bit... etc... lots of places these days have age appropriate things ranging from babies to big kids to adults... you may not be able to do every activity together, but find a way to make it work or balance things out.

There prob isn't much I wouldn't just take all the kids to do... and adjust what works for each.

Best of luck!!!

big age gaps are difficult. There's an 18 and 19 year age gap between me and my two brothers. and a 19 year age gap between me and my neice. due to family issues me and my brothers never properly bonded when I was younger and the elder one I'm still not particually close to. the one who has my neice though I get on really well with since I've grown up but I've missed having that sibling connection and not having a sister. Which is why I know I want at least 4 children, no more than 3 years apart and at least 1 girl.

I do have nice memories of my brother playing cards with me though and taking me on bike rides, encouraging your elder children to do stuff like that would be great (and give you a break)

Couldn't resist responding to this one, lol! I've got a 24 yr old, 22 yr old, 17 yr old, 12 yr old, 5 yr old, and 15 month old.:wacko: Yep, same hubby for all of them and, no, baby wasn't an 'oops'! We pretty much do everything as a family, so they all developed healthy relationships with each other. My older two are married (in fact, my oldest married a young lady with a little girl, so I have a grandbaby the same age as my 5 yr old and they are expecting another :baby: baby in August!) but they are pretty intentional about spending time with their younger siblings and building relationships with them. As far as activities, we tend toward parks and nature walks (I babywear):loopy: and biking with a baby trailer. Sometimes we do movies with Dad in one theater with the older children and Mom in another with the younger children, but usually we just choose an animated movie and go together because we all love cartoons, lol!

i was one of four children and our age gaps varied.. my older brother is 27 im 22 my slightly younger brother is 20 and my little bro is 8.. i was 13 n a half when my brother was born (youngest one) and we used to all go to places like nature reserves and swimming basically places with stuff for all ages, maybe try googling for more ideas?

My husband is a chef and we are raising all the kids to appreciate good food, so our local farmer's markets have been wonderful outings this summer, also have taken the whole family to sushi a couple times- swimming has been hit or miss this year (coldest summer in California!) but has been fun when we could- My older kids are artists and I think we'll be encouraging that in the littles as well, so that gives us museums and art shows as well as just craft/art days at home with everyone-

thanks to all of you for the suggestions!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->