Anyone else with a low lying placenta?

willowblossom

Reaction score
Had my 20 week scan the other day which was great. Baby is very well and we are still team yellow! 😁 I was gutted to hear that I have a very low lying posterior placenta. I was so sure it was anterior again as only been feeling kicks in certain places but no! Has anybody else had or got a low lying placenta? I'm planning a homebirth again so I really hope the little blighter moves out of the way in time! :-( I will be gutted if I have to have a c section after 2 straight forward deliveries

Hi me too, I'm in a different position and would rather a csection. I have another scan at 36 weeks. I think it would have most likely moved in that time. I would be surprised if it hasn't. X

My pregnancy with DS3 I had a low lying placenta - I think it was an inch from my cervix from memory. I questioned the sonographer asking what that would mean come labour and she said 95% of cases, it moves as baby grows and it shouldn't prevent me from delivering vaginally at all. I had to go back for a follow up ultrasound at 32 weeks (was every 2 weeks in the end due to suspected GD) and it had moved up right out of the way!! I had an anterior placenta too if that's of any help. 38+1 I went into labour and had no problems at all with my labour or delivery and successfully delivered a very healthy 8lb 11oz baby. :)

Not much help but have a low lying anterior placenta this time, unfortunately I am likely stuck with a c section but still getting second opinions on Vbac but will see how it goes.

Unless it moves up I think a c section is the safest way to deliver.
I know it's not what you wanted but let me reassure you c sections are not all bad.

I had a low lying placenta with my DD. I got a follow up scan at 30 something weeks and it had moved well out of the way. As your belly grows, the placenta will hopefully move x

Thank everyone for your replies. I've got a growth scan booked at 32 weeks and then another booked at 36 weeks so at least it will be checked twice! Hopfully it will move!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->