Anyone else without a Gallbladder?

acherontia87

Mum to a boy and WTT
Reaction score
I had my gallbladder removed when I was 16 (21 now). It was full of stones and infected. Has anyone else had this and if so what changes in diet etc did you make? The hospitol said it was really uncommon for someone my age to have it removed. (Never had any follow up appointments or aftercare :shrug:)

I was just reading some stuff about it, scared me a bit. Stuff saying you are more likely to get liver stones and various diseases, stuff about liver cleansing every 4 months, ive never heard any of this before!

I've carried on as normal really I try and diet but im a bad YOYO dieter. :(!
Also when I was in labour and started to really push I got excruciating pains where my liver, where i'd had my gallbladder removed, and needed an assisted (forceps) delivery. Does this mean I may not be allowed to deliver naturaly again?

So anyone without A gallbladder let me know how/if it effected your life/labour.

Thanks.

I had my gb removed, and haven't had any real issues -- only just a few twinges here and there, where it used to be! (Phantom pain, they call it).

I haven't modified my diet in any special way, nor was there anything mentioned about cleansing the liver. I'll keep an eye here to see if others know more about this! ("Cleansing" my liver with red wine was the only thing I was doing before I got pregnant!!)

I am going to as my doc about this, next time I see her.

i had mine removed 2 weeks after my c section!!!!!
not been told anything and had no follow ups!!
tried to stick to a low fat diet
any help would be ace!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"