Anyone else's baby on SMA LF?

Aphrodite

Reaction score
I've recently started formula feeding, only breast feeding at night. I've fought for a lactose free milk for him for ages as he's very sicky. Just wondered if I can pre prepare this milk for when we go out. On the tub it says to consult your health care professional if u have to make feeds up in advance. jUst not sure what to do if we go out for the day.

Hi we are using enfamil-O-lac after my daughter had viral gastroenteritis and has developed a secondary lactose intolerance. She had none stop diarrhea after every feed and during for two weeks. I'm advised she will be able to return to her normal actimel after a spell on this. Just saying all this as I am curious as to why you started on lactose free formula? A lactose intolerance is actually very very rare in babies as breast milk is 7% lactose. I'm sure you have your reasons I'm just curious :)

Anyways in answer to your question I make my feeds up with some cooled boiled water then top up from a flask and add powder when we are out. So for a five oz feed I make up 3oz cooled boiled water and then when I need to make up feed I top up with 2oz from flask and add powder and shake. No different to preparing other powder and same feeding guidelines as in use within two hours of making it up. I'm looking forward to changing back to regular formula as I used carton of ready to feed before I this and it was so much easier than carrying flask etc. but this is better than constantly changing her bum too!

Hope that helps x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->