Anyone elses newborn not feed that much?

superfrizbee

Love my princess & prince
Reaction score
DS is 2 weeks and doesnt feed that often it feels like - today maybe 8 or 9 times in 24 hours? A couple have been small feeds. He doesnt cluster feed, which DD did. She would feed every 1.5 hours but go long at night so this feels weird! He was 8lb 4oz when born and was 9lb 1oz yesterday when ge was signed off by the midwife. Plenty of wets and dirties, but I'm still paranoid! Anyone else?

My lo just doesn't seem that bothered either. Definitely no cluster feeding, which has come as a bit of a shock. I was totally prepared to put my feet up and watch Netflix all evening, but she just gets in there, takes the milk and then done. I've no idea what I'm supposed to do with her now lol.

My ds was an efficient feeder and once his reflux was fixed he didn't want to feed all the time except in massive growth spurts xx

Sophie never fed much. Once my milk came in at 48hr PP she never cluster fed. Her weight gain was always good. I think she nursed every 4 hours during the day as a newborn.

My son also didn't nurse often (unlike my daughter who nursed non stop it felt like). It bugged me but weight gain shows he's an efficient nurser and getting plenty. Just different.

My lo doesn't cluster feed either. He tends to have a feed for about half hour every four hours. He is 9 days old.

Mine doesn't feed for very long but does cluster feed, but not every day. He only feeds for 10-20mins max and is losing weight. DS1 used to feed for hours!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->