Anyone else's SO work overnights?

missesb

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone else's SO works overnights. My DH does, and I die a little every time he has to leave for work. Right now I'm 4DPO and for some odd reason really overly emotional. Currently coping with his leaving 30 mins ago, my emotionalness, and the stresses of the TWW with a giant bowl of Ben & Jerry's ice cream. :icecream: I came close to tears multiple times today, which is completely unlike me at all!

My guy works nights (10pm-7am) He sleeps all day. We generally spend mornings together. I work from home and most of my shift is generally while he is asleep. Sadly, we only have one day off together most of the time. I used to work nights as well, but haven't for a few years now.
It definitely can be annoying to not sleep together or get much together time.

My dh works 7pm-5am. It's stressful but at least he works from home. Most of the time when i get back from work he's starting work, and in the morning he's going to sleep when i wake up. I've gotten used to the alone part, but it's really hard to manage ttc, and the last 2 times we've taken mini-vacation near my fertile window... haha don't think it's made any difference though!

My DH works 10:30pm to 6:30am Sunday night through Thursday night. I work 8am to 5pm Monday through Friday. I was lucky that this cycle's ovulation fell at the end of a weekend so we were able to DTD lots (well, more than usual) before O. I'm hoping it worked... this is our first month TTC and it would be nice! DH has only worked nights since December 11th but to me it feels like forever. He's going to be replacing someone on days once they retire but they said they might work for 2+ more years. I don't know if I can handle 2 years of this... but I guess I have no choice. DH gets paid well, likes his job (aside from the whole night shift thing) and we get health insurance through it so we're going to stick it out. We've only been married since June so I feel like I'm losing out on all the first year excitement (he had a surgery with a long recovery shortly after our wedding, and we didn't go on a honeymoon). Emotionally it's been difficult for me, and every since like 3DPO I have been a little more emotionally extreme than normal when it comes time for him to leave for work.

Does anyone know if working overnights can affect a man's fertility? DH is 32 and I am 30 so we're not exactly super young. This would be our first.

It really depends on the person. Some people take well to being nocturnal and others do not. Make sure he whoever is working nights gets at least 15 mins of sunshine a day if possible. I doubt working nights would effect fertility over all. Lack of sleep, lack of sunshine, bad diet will though and all of those are likely working a graveyard shift.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->