Anyone ever had a period with brown blood only?(Updated).

michelle8733

Mom to Scarlett Grace
Reaction score
So I think today I'm on CD5...The reason I'm not exactly sure is because every time I get my AF it always starts the exact same way which is full force very heavy thick red blood (sry tmi). This cycle I started very very light spotting that only showed when I wiped. This has been going on for the past 4 days, except 2 days ago I didn't have any blood or spotting what so ever. Well yesterday and today there was more..enough to use a tampon. So that's the first thing I'm confused about. The second thing is that it's like 98% all very brown blood. :shrug: Has anyone else experienced a period like this before? What could it mean? The last time I took a hpt was 2 days before AF was due and was a BFN. I ordered some wondfos from amazon the other day and they should be here by friday and I will test again. Although I'm pretty sure it will be a BFN again. I just wish I had normal cycles. My cycles are around 38 days long. :(

Oh, and also the past two cycles I've had spotting in the middle of my cycles that lasted about 3-4 days. I've never had before either. I'm a bit confused as to what is causing this and what it means. Can anyone give me any input or advice please?

So I think today I'm on CD5...The reason I'm not exactly sure is because every time I get my AF it always starts the exact same way which is full force very heavy thick red blood (sry tmi). This cycle I started very very light spotting that only showed when I wiped. This has been going on for the past 4 days, except 2 days ago I didn't have any blood or spotting what so ever. Well yesterday and today there was more..enough to use a tampon. So that's the first thing I'm confused about. The second thing is that it's like 98% all very brown blood. :shrug: Has anyone else experienced a period like this before? What could it mean? The last time I took a hpt was 2 days before AF was due and was a BFN. I ordered some wondfos from amazon the other day and they should be here by friday and I will test again. Although I'm pretty sure it will be a BFN again. I just wish I had normal cycles. My cycles are around 38 days long. :(

Oh, and also the past two cycles I've had spotting in the middle of my cycles that lasted about 3-4 days. I've never had before either. I'm a bit confused as to what is causing this and what it means. Can anyone give me any input or advice please?

Hey!! I've had this, it went on for about two weeks then I had a light AF. It started off brown but then went to a black tar like substance, I contacted my gp and he said if it lasted any longer to go in a and see him. I don't know whether my body was just having a clear out of all of the old blood. If you are concerned perhaps make a call to your gp? Good luck xxx

Hi there

I did actually have this in the first few weeks of my first pregnancy...my son is almost 4 now.

Normal for me is thick brown for a few days then full period. But when I was pregnant I had nothing but when 6/7/8 weeks pregnant had dark brown discharge which was noticeable.

I always had brown spotting before my period, but I also had progesterone issues. Good luck!

I had a period just like this back in April. I was 2 weeks late, 4 BFN's later and then suddenly brown blood for 5 days. Not enough to fill a tampon or a pad but just panty liners. I had bloods taken and a full screening done that came back fine so no idea why it happened! My cycle has been 30/31 days ever since. Perhaps it's way of resetting...who knows!

me! ive just had this. lasted 3 days and now im having cramping. im very confused by it all

Thanks for all of the input ladies! Today it isn't brown anymore, but bright red like my normal AF color and it's also a little heavier. Just enough for a tampon. So when should I count as CD1? When the spotting first started about 5 days ago, or today since it's red and a little bit heavier?

Edited to say: the brown spotting did come right on time when my normal AF should've came.

I've had this before. Mine was exactly as you described it! Took a test, BFN, a week later no AF, went to a clinic, BFN. Another week later, still no AF. Took a test, light BFP!

I'm having brown spotting, but only at the beginning of my period, after that goes a regular bleeding. If you had just brown spotting, it may indicate pregnancy... :) Take a test in few days!

I got my pack of wondfos in the mail today...I took one expecting it to be negative and it was....so I guess I'm just having a really weird AF this cycle...

https://i1162.photobucket.com/albums/q531/lml8733/20130906_184050_zps2e0afcbd.jpg

Edited to say: sorry I don't know why the pic downloaded upside down lol.

is it just me who can see another line?

No I think I see another line too - thoughposs an evap?? Op if I was you I would test with another brand!!! Good luck!! Hope it is a bfp! X

This is eerily close to what happened to me last cycle. On CD 27,28 and 29 I had some really scanty DARK brown kind of gelly spotting. I wouldn't call it light flow, though I did use panty liners which show some streaking on the middle day. After two BFN's at home I had an appointment with my GP and they did a urine test there which was also BFN. She recommended we test my thyroid and do a work up in a few weeks.

So I chalked it up to a really weird, light but brown AF. I spent hours and hours in google frenzy mode reading about spotting, false BFNs and all other manner of hopeful and scary information. Then I started spotting again and a day later finally saw bright red flow. This was a few weeks after the last spotting incident, so now I am not sure if it was AF and then I had a really short cycle, or if I actually had a 46 day cycle and it was just random weird spotting.

I've just started temping THIS cycle (since the red flow) but have been keeping track of dates and paying attention to CM as well as trying best I can to time BDing for 13 months now. The weird spotting things is so confusing/frustrating and makes it really hard to know how to fill in my chart.

Alot of what I have been reading points to the fact that strange brown spotting like that (even before AF, but especially midcycle) can point to hormonal problems or even annovulatory cycles.

I just wanted you to know your not alone in the brown spotting confusion whirlwind and to say I hope you get your BFP soon! Loads of Baby Dust.:hugs:

Hey. I was like that for my last af, had 6 days of brown spotting, only enof to use panty liners, so i thought i could still b preg so did a couple tests and they wer negative but then i got the heaviest period of my life, if was horrible. And lasted for7 days. Hope you dont get that.
You are not alone

Well, this AF (hopefully coming to an end, finally, at least it looks that way) has been pretty heavy and today is the 6th day. I have definitely had heavier ones after a long cycle, but this has been unpleasant for sure. Usually I spot for a day or two lightly before and then have like 3 days of red flow.

It's so crazy how easy it is to convince ourselves that what we see could be a trick of the mind/body and that we could still be preg and keep testing. Hopefully soon we really will get that positive.

Hey. I was like that for my last af, had 6 days of brown spotting, only enof to use panty liners, so i thought i could still b preg so did a couple tests and they wer negative but then i got the heaviest period of my life, if was horrible. And lasted for7 days. Hope you dont get that.
You are not alone

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->