Anyone expecting a small baby?

sammie13s

Reaction score
Hoping there's someone in a similar situation to me. Baby is 2 weeks behind at this point and doesn't seem very happy :( I went through this with my daughter :( She had servere iugr and died at 9 days old. All seems so familiar with her :( I'm so scared :(

I'm so sorry for your loss. I have no advice I just didn't want to read and run. You must be very strong to have suffered through that and choose to try again. I hope everything works out for you and your precious baby :hugs:

Means a lot. Thankyou so much. And hope so, so much too xx

So sorry for your loss. I wish you all the luck in the world with your current pregnancy and hope your baby is healthy and well.

Just to add my experience.. With my first child I was measuring 5 weeks behind at 39 weeks so was sent to be induced. Baby was perfectly fine and healthy, and not even as small as they'd feared (5lbs15oz).

Good luck. X

I've been measuring a week to two weeks behind and am constantly told how small I am for being due in two months. I already know I'm small for being this far along, there has been talk about going in for growth scans if he falls back any farther, I have an appointment tomorrow and i guess i will see if my fears really are rational though I've had a gut feeling ever since they mentioned baby was very small at my 20w ultrasound something is wrong. Because with my first I was MUCH bigger.

So sorry for your loss :hugs:
All my babies have been small. This one is below the growth curve, but Dr not worried as long as she is following her own growth curve and they have all been small so it's no surprise. Biggest baby was 2.7kg at full term ... Sorry I have no idea how many lbs that is.

Is your Dr worries about IUGR or is it just that baby is small ? I hope everything goes well and you get the care you need x

Im so sorry for your loss :hugs: & sorry you are going through similar right now.

At a scan at 26 weeks (originally for a hemetoma) they found baby to be much smaller then he should be, ive been having a scan every week dopplers one week growth scan the next, his head size is normal everything else is too small. Ive basiclly been told they need to keep an eye & as long as he is active then things should be fine.

I have not heard of IUGR until your post, decided to look at my notes which says 'severe SGA' from what ive read its the same thing?

If you dont mind me asking sammie was your daughter very premature?

I am scared & worried but I guess all I can do is try to stay positive & just hope on my next scan he has gained enough weight.

I cant imagine how you must feel xx

Hi Hun. Yes I think it's classed as the same thing. I had Lucy at 29 weeks as she was in fetal distress :( Emergency cection. She was 430 grams. Just under 1lb. Then passed away in my arms at 9 days old. Was the first time I'd ever held her too :( xx

Thankyou for replying, I dont even know what to say other then it doesnt mean you will have the same outcome this time you are amazing :flower: xx

Thankyou :D What is your baby weighing at the moment? Xx

I don't have any advice but just wanted to say I'm thinking of you and your precious baby, hoping everything turns out to be ok this time x x

:hugs: Sammie. I am sorry you're so concerned.

Lovemybub, SGA and IUGR are not the same thing, SGA is suggesting that your baby is just very small for the gestation they are, this is usually a baby which follows their growth line but it is just a very low one. IUGR they are not usually following a growth line, usually falling down the centiles often the Doppler scans are poor too.

At 30+3 he weighs 2lbs 10oz tbh I have no idea the kind of weight he should be xx

:hugs: Sammie. I am sorry you're so concerned.

Lovemybub, SGA and IUGR are not the same thing, SGA is suggesting that your baby is just very small for the gestation they are, this is usually a baby which follows their growth line but it is just a very low one. IUGR they are not usually following a growth line, usually falling down the centiles often the Doppler scans are poor too.

Thankyou, I really dont know much about the terms, just had a quick google. My doctor has put SGA on my scan form but he showed us in my notes that baby has stopped following what was his normal growth line and is now dropping, apart from his head. Although my dopplers have been ok.

So I dont know :nope:

Has his growth continued or has it stopped? How are your fluid levels? Xx

He is continuing but not as much as they would hope, fluid seems fine, they can't give me a reason why its happening :wacko:

Big hugs to you xx I was worried as this baby was recently measuring 4 weeks behind, but has managed to catch up a bit all of a sudden - fundal height grew 3cm in 2 weeks! I hope your baby has a growth spurt soon too :hugs:

I don't have any advice, just wanted to send you well wishes and big hugs. I certainly hope all works out for the best for you and your little peanut.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->