Anyone from Littlehampton (may be moving there)?

GeorgeyGal

Reaction score
Just waiting on a job offer for OH so may be moving to LH, I dont really know much about the area, is the beach nice? Also, where's the nicest areas to live. I live in a village at the mo. so we do like countyside and quiet, anywhere rural near? x

i live bout 30 mins from littlehampton.

the beach is nice lots of things to do in and around lhampton.

dont know about places to live xx

I live in Worthing, the next town along from littlehampton

The beach is lovely and there is lots of thing to do in littlehamton, and its around 10 mins from worthing.

I wouldnt really look in the wick area of la (very dodgy area), it all depends on what sort of area you want to live in...... It is an up and coming town, and they are trying to make it better and have a better reputation. Ferring and rustington are nice places to live, and yapton is ruralish, all depends on budget and how rural you wanna be. x

Hello, i'm from Littlehampton, or LA as the locals jokingly call it ;) My family lives on the Rustington side of LA which is definately the nicer side to be on but i agree Rustington and Ferring are the nicest area's, also on the other side of LA is Lyminster and depends how far out you don't mind being and also your budget but Arundel and Yapton are nice places too :) East beach is really nice, but west beach is lovely, has beautiful sand dunes :)

Hello, i'm from Littlehampton, or LA as the locals jokingly call it ;) My family lives on the Rustington side of LA which is definately the nicer side to be on but i agree Rustington and Ferring are the nicest area's, also on the other side of LA is Lyminster and depends how far out you don't mind being and also your budget but Arundel and Yapton are nice places too :) East beach is really nice, but west beach is lovely, has beautiful sand dunes :)

Ah yes, I went to Pagham a few years ago and went to West Beach I believe is that nr Chichester? Didnt feel like we was in UK.

Is LA near Angmering, is that villagey?

Thanks for the heads up~!

West beach is in Climping, it's just next to LA the river seperates the 2 beaches.

Angmering is very close, whats your idea of villagey, i live in a village of 65 people and the closest village is 15mins drive, closest shops are 30 mins drive, so now everything seems really busy whenever i visit England lol There are some villagey area's in Angmering, but just north of Angmering is a small place called Patching, that's a village nice friendly pub called The worlds end, or Arundel is a lovely little town mostly full of antique shops and Arundel castle and the cathedral and a really nice country pub next to the river called the black rabbit :)

West beach is in Climping, it's just next to LA the river seperates the 2 beaches.

Angmering is very close, whats your idea of villagey, i live in a village of 65 people and the closest village is 15mins drive, closest shops are 30 mins drive, so now everything seems really busy whenever i visit England lol There are some villagey area's in Angmering, but just north of Angmering is a small place called Patching, that's a village nice friendly pub called The worlds end, or Arundel is a lovely little town mostly full of antique shops and Arundel castle and the cathedral and a really nice country pub next to the river called the black rabbit :)

I remember passing Arundel castle on the way to Pagham and saying we should spend some time there as did look lovely, how far is it from LH? I live in a fairly large village at the mo. a few thousand people and there everything you need just down the road such as schools, shops, library, docs I do like having everything on my doorstep but without the busy towny feel, its v quiet and peaceful round here, just how I like. x

Arundel is lovely! But house prices are very expensive there, as it such a sought after area. what side of littlehampton do you need to be be?

Patching and clapham is nice, its lovely and the words end pub is lovely :D

East preston is between rustington and ferring, all 3 are lovely, but ferring is more of a village, and everyone is so friendly there, always say hi to you walking down the street.
Ferring has a local school, one preschool, local shops, park, doctors, vets, bur it feels like a village and you are 5 mins walk from the beach.

Are you looking more inland, or would you like to be on the beach?

Arundel is lovely! But house prices are very expensive there, as it such a sought after area. what side of littlehampton do you need to be be?

Patching and clapham is nice, its lovely and the words end pub is lovely :D

East preston is between rustington and ferring, all 3 are lovely, but ferring is more of a village, and everyone is so friendly there, always say hi to you walking down the street.
Ferring has a local school, one preschool, local shops, park, doctors, vets, bur it feels like a village and you are 5 mins walk from the beach.

Are you looking more inland, or would you like to be on the beach?

My hubby has his interview with L'Oreal tomorrow so wherever the Bodyshop's head office is, to be honest we havent really thought too much about the whole relocation thing, until after tomorrows interview and then it will be up for major discussion if all goes well! At the mo. hubby travels 2 hrs to and from his current job so anywhere within an hour of the head office, will know more tomorrow anyway.. Wooo Ferring sounds really nice, kinda like where we are now everyone is very friendly and you feel safe walking down the street at any time and everyone knows each other, or of each other.

I hope your hubbys interview goes really well :D Whats he hoping to do there? or is it pretty confidential?

All the places everyone has mentioned are all under 15 mins to the body shop, probably less, but im just allowing for traffic.

Ferring is lovely, I work as a nanny there, when I first started there, people started randomly talking to me, and I thought, oh no they are going to mug me, but just turns out everyone is so lovely and friendly there, all have a great sense of community, and you feel really safe. x

I hope your hubbys interview goes really well :D Whats he hoping to do there? or is it pretty confidential?

All the places everyone has mentioned are all under 15 mins to the body shop, probably less, but im just allowing for traffic.

Ferring is lovely, I work as a nanny there, when I first started there, people started randomly talking to me, and I thought, oh no they are going to mug me, but just turns out everyone is so lovely and friendly there, all have a great sense of community, and you feel really safe. x

Well it will be at the head office but the vacancy isnt even advertised as hubs was headhunted so Ill keep it schtum. Its a second iv and its looking good so we'll see. I was feeling quite upset at the thought of leaving where I am now, I have only been there since Jan, but as thats been such a change Im sure I can up sticks again no probs, just wanted to get a feel of the areas first so can get my head round it. Im just being greedy now but would love a village location but also able to walk to the beach as well!

I will keep my fingers crossed for you guys.

Oh that must be such a pain to move, once you get settled and make friends you move, i can imagine its difficult for you both.

Most of the places such as rustingon, east preston, ferring, littlehampton, worthing you can walk to the beach or the river, I love living in worthing, its a 5 min walk from where I am to the beach. just depends on where abouts in the town or village you are. Ferring you can walk to the beach to, i have done it many time with the kids i work for and they love it, and they live in the north side of ferring.

Make sure if hubby does get the job, that you come down for a few days, so you can get a feel of the area, and have a look around at all the different locations, and see what they all have to offer. x

I agree all of the area's mentioned are nice and close to the sea, also Littlehampton has a really bad reputation, but i've lived there all my life and i think it's a good place, i lived a 5 min walk from Body shop on the Beaumont estate, it's definately the best part of littlehampton. I'm visiting next week for 2 weeks and can't wait for some fish and chips down by the river :) Lollipop, did you go to the birdman rally this weekend? :D

I agree all of the area's mentioned are nice and close to the sea, also Littlehampton has a really bad reputation, but i've lived there all my life and i think it's a good place, i lived a 5 min walk from Body shop on the Beaumont estate, it's definately the best part of littlehampton. I'm visiting next week for 2 weeks and can't wait for some fish and chips down by the river :) Lollipop, did you go to the birdman rally this weekend? :D

No I didnt go, as our cat got run over and sadly died, so we were sorting her out over the weekend, and her kitten they managed to save. x

How did the interview go? x

No I didnt go, as our cat got run over and sadly died, so we were sorting her out over the weekend, and her kitten they managed to save. x

How did the interview go? x

I went so well OH was discussing if he could maybe work from their London office, so that may be an option now!

So sorry to hear about your kitty, I have 2, one went missing for 3 days last week and I was distraught, thought something bad may have happened, luckily she came home, I know how hard it is to lose a much loved pet though :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->