Anyone got an I candy or mothercare orb?

bigbelly2

mommy of 2!
Reaction score
My goodness it's a nightmare!

Has anyone got the icandy peach or mothercare orb?
I was looking yesterday and there sooooo many different options, my heads all fuzzy lol

Cost is a big factor, I could buy a car for the same price lol

Anyone got any experience with either?

Thankyou
H xx

Love the icandy too! Just so expensive and I can't justify it after learning how little I used my very expensive pushchair with my daughter! I drive everywhere and only use it occasionally when I go shopping in the city centre or park etc!
Therefore the closest I could find or a bit better price was the Quinny Buzz extra so think I'll settle for that!

I've got the icandy peach. I love it. I've just cleaned it up to use for new baby and it still looks like new.
It is expensive but worth the cost. I'm already on our 3rd buggy for DD (ranging from £50-£100) and the quality is shocking compared to the icandy.

Thanks ladies, see I'm the same re use, I'm disabled and awaiting a hip replacement so don't think I can warrant the cost... It's the same as a small bloomin car lol

I will mainly use to get in and out the car, at work (we've our own business so no doubt il be rocking pushchair back n forth lol) I do really like the mothercare orb too which is £429 rather than £670
Have a look the whole pram spins to change from forward to rear facing by moving the handle up and over!
Hxx

I have the Mothercare Orb . I love it . So easy to push and the spin function is so easy to use . My DD slept very well in it too!. Although the clip to recline the seat did snap but Mothercare replaced the whole pram. Only used it twice after that so basically got a brand new pram for new baby. I'd recommend to anyone who is looking for a parent / forward facing pram ! Xx

Hello :)
So I've had both...

The orb was my first pushchair for my now 20 month old, it was AMAZING we got compliments everywhere we went, we bought it in the real colour.
Pros:
*lightweight
*folds down small into two bits.
*comes with footmuff/rain cover/basket.
*transforms from a carrycot into a seat unit.(so no need to buy twice and have extra bits)
*mothercare replaced mine any time I had any problems.
*The price is great.
*if you do drive you've got the option of the car seat adapters.
*you can use it as a high chair at restaurants.

cons:
*My little one only looked comfy in it until he was 10 months (it says until 4, but I'm guessing all children are different sizes)

The ICANDY.

Pros:
*it looks beautiful
*pushes beautiful
*same size as the orb
*will last you if you choose to have more children as you can turn them into doubles (only the peach and apple)

Cons:
*you have to buy EVERYTHING separate and each and every bit isn't expensive l.
*my handle broke on mine after 6 weeks use and cost us 60 pound to repair.

Hope this helped some xx

Iv found a website that seems to be a lot cheaper for prams, done done research and all seems quite good....
Now tempted with the bugaboo!! Is the most expensive pram but on the site comes out cheaper than the I candy and on par with the orb!!
Anyone know much about them? All iv heard are they are great and if in budget go for it above others?!
H xx

I have always had bugaboos and going for another one this time! In my opinion they are the best pushchairs although they are very expensive and accesories need to be bought separately! I am going for a bee 3 again this time although I have also had the cameleon - i live in town centre so walk everywhere x

I personally think the peach is very overpriced and i can't see why. everyone has one and tbh i don't think for the cost they are that nice.

WE got the Icandy apple with the carrycot, buggy, hood, raincovers and carseat adaptors. for £595. not anywhere as expensive for the peach and imo nicer.

I have the mothercare spin, this is the model before the orb but pretty much the same

Pros
Light weight, can steer with 1 hand
Basket quite big too
Baby slept better in this than the moses basket
Rain cover fully covers the carry cot - I have had some cheaper prams where baby's feet stick out of the bottom of the cover
Can get adaptors for Maxi cosy and Britax car seats to fit

Cons
I only had a ford fiesta (old 1997 model) when I used this pram which was a bit of a squeeze to fit into the boot, hopefully my Citroen C3's boot will be big enough this time

I haven't used an Icandy or bugaboo but I do hear they are good

I don't have either but whilst looking for a reveiw for a pram I was going to buy I saw a post by a lady who used to work in mothercare and she said never to buy a mothercare pram as the build quality isn't the best.

Icandy are expensive but if you go on the buy/swap/sell groups on fb there are loads for sale that are in excellent condition 2nd hand and loads cheaper. Same goes for the bugaboo ones.

I had a bugaboo chameleon too! :thumbup:
I liked how big the seat unit was as my 20 month old is very tall for his age and still naps in the day I don't drive so getting everywhere comfortably walking was amazingly comfortable. The only down side to it for me was the frame was so thin compare to the ICANDY and orb so it didn't feel as safe even though it was...also getting the bugaboo seat unit into the car when DH was home was a nightmare we had to buy a car with a bigger boot which I'm guessing now is good as we have number two on the way and just bought the joolz geo duo double xx

On 3rd baby and my biggest advice would be don't spend loads of money on a travel system. They get very little use, and even if you use it solidly kids are so messy they all look knackered after a few months of use. Get a second hand one off eBay, put the money towards something else and feel worthy about recyling!

On 3rd baby and my biggest advice would be don't spend loads of money on a travel system. They get very little use, and even if you use it solidly kids are so messy they all look knackered after a few months of use. Get a second hand one off eBay, put the money towards something else and feel worthy about recyling!

I personally would disagree.
we got a travel system for our last baby (3 in 1)
and used it plenty and it's lasted over 3 years and it's still useable and not too bad condition for 3 years old.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->