• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Anyone had a baby that hated being in a carrier/wrap?

FAB mama

Reaction score
I got an Ergo carrier before LO was born and I was NEVER able to get him to be happy in it. I eventually stopped trying when he was a few months old I think. DH kept making it seem that I was just torturing LO because he was so upset by it. He just wasn't a baby that liked being held much.

So we never tried another type of carrier or wrap or anything. The wraps make me a little nervous really. Did you ever have a baby that HATED one type but liked another? Or just hated being carried like that?

Not me, but someone I know has a daughter who haaaaated being in the Ergo up until about 9-10 months. Then she loved it. It seemed like she just felt too constricted in it when she was younger - she didn't like to be swaddled either.

My LO was never a fan. I tried a ring sling and a structured carrier (Boba). She loved being held in our arms though.

Wraps are super easy! Just grab a long piece of cloth, a stuffed animal and you can practice, lots of great guides on YouTube. It's one simple knot really. 15 minutes later you'll have the hang of it. I can put mine on in seconds. They're the best for young babies.

Ergos are for older kids, around 7-8 months and up. My 12 month old daughter is always in the ergo now. First few months, always in a simple wrap.

Find a specialty store, they often rent different carriers and will happily show them all to you.

But really,a plain wrap is soooo versatile, adjustable and comfortable. Baby is snuggled and warm against you. Both my kids slept easily in them.

My DD lived in the stretchy for the first few months.

Then we got her Ergo which she did quite like and she was also fine in a wrap/ring sling for short lengths of time.

But since she could walk she just was not happy in any of them. Fine in the buggy (to a point) but about the time DH bought me a custom Madame GooGoo carrier she decided she didn't like being worn. :(

I think your bad luck with it may just have been him being so young. I've heard many people say their little ones didn't like Ergo when little. Yeah, they make an insert for it so you can use it from newborn, but honestly, I don't think its worth bothering with until baby is at least 4+ months old. I think its hard to put baby in it in a position that's comfy for them before then. I used a ring sling until they were big enough to fit properly in the Ergo. Who knows, your son may have liked it more later on? hard to say. I think its worth trying again if you have another, though, just wait until they are a bit bigger for the Ergo. Wraps or slings are great for when they are smaller.

Very young babies prefer the stretchy wraps, harder carriers won't work that well at first. My baby hated the newborn hold in the wrap but when I tried the "older baby" hold she loved it. The wrap has really helped me run my errands and dd enjoys getting a better worldview or sleeping snuggly. I think your baby didn't like that particular carrier, not being carried in general.

My LO doesn't like our Infantino Mei Tei Sash carrier or the ErgoBaby yet. I am going to try again when she's a little bit older.

Mostly, We can select the best one which is smooth and more comfort for kid. We have to take more care in this aspect.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->