anyone had a crown fitted?

Depends what needs doing. My tooth broke off then I had to have root canal treatment where they drill then take out the nerve with these little screw things then had it fitted. Took 2 appointments , wasn't painful really the worst bit was when she leaves the suction thing hanging on your mouth. Bloody uncomfortable. You can't tell at all which one it is!

Depends what needs doing. My tooth broke off then I had to have root canal treatment where they drill then take out the nerve with these little screw things then had it fitted. Took 2 appointments , wasn't painful really the worst bit was when she leaves the suction thing hanging on your mouth. Bloody uncomfortable. You can't tell at all which one it is!

hmm don't think im having root canal thingy just the crown. A piece of my tooth came off, sort of the side of it iyswim lol.he did say it would be 2appointments though :( xx

I had two appointments, one to prepare the tooth and make mold for the actual crown and then one to fit the crown.

The first was the longest and a little uncomfortable but it was numbed. The second was quite quick in comparison.

Nothing to worried about really.

Thanks. don't know why im so scared, i've had 3babies by c-section xx

I make crowns :) the first appointment your tooth is cut down 'prepped' and an impression taken. It is then sent to a dental lab to be made and sent back to dentist for them to cement in on your second appointment. What kind of crown are you getting? It shouldn't hurt ( but then I've not had one :) ). Good luck!! Xx

I've had a root canal and a crown. Both of which was fine. The most uncomfortable bit came after the anaesthetic wore off after having the root canal. My jaw ached from having my mouth open for so long lol. So it wasn't anything major.

But if you're just having a crown you should be fine. It's more comfortable than having a cavity filled, that's for sure.

1st appointment done. wasn't bad at all :) not sure what kind of crown? Didn't know there was different types x

glad it went okay!
i've had one done and it fell out a few months later. needless to say i wasn't happy!
i went back in and they refitted it and i've had no problems since. the new dentist i have wants to redo it AGAIN though as he thinks it's a little rough around the edges.

teeth = pain in the bum!

i need one too but, he gave me two options to fill it with a filling or have a crown, i choose the filling but he said it wont last long............people i spoke to put me off the crown saying they have had nothing but trouble and have loads of sensitivity etc but after reading this thread i may have it done if/when the filling falls out and when i have £250 to pay for it! lol x

My tooth has already had root canal in it the dentist said today. i can't remember that lol. I have 2 really dodgy teeth at the top 1on each side from when i was a kid from a brace fitted by a orthodontist who was eventually struck off cos he was so crap. He damaged both teeth when he took off the brackets (don't know what they are called lol) i have lots of problems with them 2teeth now.

Would of cost 298 but was free cos lo is only 9 months phew x

I had to have mine because my orthodontist didn't clean the tooth properly when he put the bracket on when I had braces fitted.

I'm a private dentist patient, so I had to pay full price for mine, it was like £350!

Its easy.....especially since you have already had the crown prep.....thats the tough part :lol:

If the tooth is sensitive you will be offered an injection, if not then its easy done without. Little bit of cement and stick it on over the tooth and then clean the excess cement off, simple :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->