anyone had a lap & dye - nervous

Nat 1976

Reaction score
Hi all, has anyone had a Lap & Dye done????

My doctor referred me to a FS (TTC for 2.5 yrs after MC) who i saw in feb Feb and he requested i have a Lap and dye. Given that its NHS i didnt exspect it to be booked so soon, iam going in on the 15th of March (6wk wait not bad) :shock:. I ve never had an Operation so bit nervous about being put to sleep :wacko: i know it will be worth it just to find out if there are any problems with me, given that they cant find any at moment.

Just wondered if anyone has had it done, whats it like after??? and has any get BFP after it.

Thanks
Nat x

Hi Nat

I had mine done last week, I was terrifed to the point of crying as soon as I got there lol, I can honestly say it was soooo much better than what I had anticipated! Yes your sore (especially the belly button bit) but nothing like I imagined, I said I was in pain after so they gave me morphine but to be honest could quite easily of managed without hehe.

Its uncomfortable and for me it was more like I had done a strenuous workout and every muscle ached! If your able to rest and potter around for a few days it will make it easier, the first night I slept sitting up almost as was too uncomfortable to lie down and the gas in my shoulder had started irritating (again nothing like I was told or imagined though!)

Oh and all the fear about being put to sleep is normal, im the worlds worst worrier but oddly quite enjoyed the experience, prob due to my normal insomnia, so, free sleep! cant knock it! lol (just tell the anaethetist not to inject to fast!) I mentioned the pain in my arm to a nurse and she said some anaethetists are just too bloody eager! lol

Anything else you want to know just ask! Good luck xxx

i dont belong in here but have had a lap and dye so hope you dont mind me answering. i had mine in november 08. i had never ttc> i did have 1 miscarriage in 07. During a pelvis scan for irregular periods they noticed i had pcos and that there was something wrong with my tubes. Like you i only had to wait 6 weeks. i had never had an general before either.

i had to go in the night before (which also scared me) the day of the op i saw the consulatant for any last minute questions. Then the person who puts you to sleep ( i cant spell it lol) comes round. they are fab and totally put me at ease. When i went down the consultants nurses ect chat to you and calmed me down. they explan what they are doing and going to do. i had a canula. they thay said we will put you to sleep. thats it. next thing they where calling my name to wake me up. I had to stay in a 2nd night as i didnt have mine till late in the day. the next day i saw the consulatant who gave me the results and signed me off work for 2 weeks. I was really sore for a few days. especially in my shoulder. You get wind pain as they full you with air. A week later i felt more or less normal agagin. all i have now is a little scar in my belly button.

My results where not good news. i did have pcos and both my tubes where blocked completly. the dye didnt go through at all. I was told i would never conceive and if i did i would have an ectopic. I was put on the list for IVF and was due to see them in september.

After the op my periods got more regular< we decided to stop using protection while we waited for IVF. by june 09 i had conceived my daughter. I often wonder if the dye cleared my tubes. i have been told that this has happened. Then on the 3rd march last year the consultant who broke the news i would never conceive delivered my daughter.

Good luck and try not to worry.

littleblonde

Awww what a lovely story! Just goes to show once again that anything is possible! xx

Hia! Don't be worried about it-I had mine last year and it was fine. You feel groggy for a few days because of the anaesthetics, and your tummy is obvioulsy sore, but you'll be right as rain withing a few days, AND you'll get the results which will move things along for you! So good luck and don't worry!

Let us all know how you get on!

hi all thanks for taking the time post me with your experineces and advice !! :thumbup: i will try not to be so nervous lol.

Do they give the results straight away or do you have to wait?

I kind of cant wait to find out if there is a problem. Hubby has the all clear and I've had bloods and hormone tests done which are all normal etc so this should hopefully shed some light as to why nothing is happening.

I will take a couple of days of work just in case i need it. In fact i might milk it and get the hubby running around after me, i think its the least he can do given that its me that has to have the extra tests done he he he he.

Thanks again and i will let you know how i goes:flower:
x

hi all thanks for taking the time post me with your experineces and advice !! :thumbup: i will try not to be so nervous lol.

Do they give the results straight away or do you have to wait?

I kind of cant wait to find out if there is a problem. Hubby has the all clear and I've had bloods and hormone tests done which are all normal etc so this should hopefully shed some light as to why nothing is happening.

I will take a couple of days of work just in case i need it. In fact i might milk it and get the hubby running around after me, i think its the least he can do given that its me that has to have the extra tests done he he he he.

Thanks again and i will let you know how i goes:flower:
x

I had an appointment with the hospital exactly a week after the op. Fairly quick service for the NHS!!!! Mine came back with 'No problem-keep on trying' which wasn't easy to digest as I'm 39 and have already been trying for three years! But at least it gave an answer which meant I could explore other possible solutions, e.g. acupuncture, etc.
Good luck-let us know how you get on!
:thumbup:

Please dont worry...u will be fine. I had just the dye test done and it was excrutiating....the consultant had been dragged in from a private hospital and wile i was lying there she was asking the nurse how to use the machine!!! she totally cocked it up...had to do it twice and then told me both my tubes were blocked and said i would never concieve and walked off with me still lying there in stirrups!!! she apparently is a top fertility consultant from the midlands!!! Anyway....back to the good story....my next consultant begged me to have the test done again....she ssaid she was not convinced that my tubes were blocked...i refused and she said she would do it unde general anasthetic and do a lap op aswell...i eventually said yes. |I had it done before xmas 2years ago..i went in at 8am and was the first one in as i have a latex allergy...i dont remember anything until my sweet little consultant was rubbing my hand and excitedly showing me the photographs of my insides and saying" its all perfect, u r perfect...tubes not blocked!!!" i was over the moon. i came out at about 4pm and slept upright for the first 2 days...as the air they pump into puts pressure on the nerves in your chest and one of your shoulders..i was sore but fine after 3 days...i was signed off work for 2 weeks as i teach massage....so i had a lovely week or so getting ready for christmas!!! Sadly i never got my bfp and cannot have ivf as i am over 39...i will be 45 in august, and we cant afford ivf.
But good luck..you will be fine, just remember to wear loose clothing when u come out as your stomach swells up hope u get your bfp soon !!! xxx

So! Had the lap and Dye last Tuesday, think I underestimated how uncomfortable it was gonna be after:nope:!!! Really bruised and swollen around the belly button still. First two days where sore and a painful like the worst period pain ever, but it was worth it to set my mind at rest.
They found two fibroids on the outside of the uterus which they didn’t need to remove as they are not causing any problems and apparently it is very common to have some as we get older!! Both ovaries and tubes were healthy and the tube not blocked but one of the tubes didn’t release the dye. The FS said this sometimes happen when the dye is injected the tube retracts.... but the tube its self was clear.
I am going back in 6wks to have the inside of the womb checked for fibroids just to rule that out... then the FS said we will look at IUI as there seems to be not obvious reasons for infertility.:happydance:
So all in all, it was a bit pain full and soar but at least I know there’s nothing terribly wrong with me phew!!!
x

Great news Nat, couldnt they of looked inside for fibroids when your were under for your lap seeing as they were "up" there anyway lol xxx

Ha Ha that's what i said !!! but unfortunately they did'nt give me the the consent form to sign to say they could do it, before i was wisked to theatre!!!

Still that procedure is not painful and they do while you are awake so not worried about it so much.

Fingers crossed i get the all clear from that and can get on with it .LOL... although i still have a cycle in between to try natrually so we shall see:winkwink:

x

Well good luck and I hope you dont need it xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"