anyone had a new boiler fitted?

catty

Reaction score
How much does it cost to get a new boiler installed, ours is about 30 years old and our bills are extotionate. Iv heard you can get a grant but cant find much information.
I really didnt want to spend more than £1000 but everything iv seen seems double this

That sounds about right, boilers are expensive but if your current one is that old then it's quite likely that a new one will be more efficient and bring down your bills.

Not sure about grants - I know you can get them for loft insulation/cavity wall insulation etc based on reduction of fuel burning to heat the home.

To get a free boiler through ECO, which is the government run grant you need to be receiving tax credits and have an income of less than £15860 or receive income based benefits ie income support etc.

All the info is on this page if you scroll down a bit https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/utilities/free-cavity-loft-insulation

:flower:

I was about to put everything ladyluck did.

xx

You see for the income do you think its joint? I assumed it would be but if not my income alone is less than that, cant imagine theyd do it singly if we have a joint mortgage though

You see for the income do you think its joint? I assumed it would be but if not my income alone is less than that, cant imagine theyd do it singly if we have a joint mortgage though

It's household income rather than single income.

A new boiler is around £2-3k depending upon make/model

I think ours was £2400 paid out right, they took our old boiler and gave us money off for it and then we paid for the 5 year thing where they service it and any problems they will come fix it with no extra cost. That was british gas and that was new water tank as well. They did a monthly plan as well. Our gas is so much lower since having it changed

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->