Anyone had a planned freebirth, UK?

M

Miss406

Just wondering if any Mama's in the UK have planned a free birth and how they have gone about it?
I would like to talk in detail (perhaps via PM) to those who have planned and had one.

Free birth: (A quote from Wikipedia)
''Unassisted childbirth (UC) refers to the process of intentionally giving birth without the assistance of a medical or professional birth attendant.
It is also known as freebirth, DIY (do-it-yourself) birth, unhindered birth, unassisted home birth, and couples birth.''

i have been reading lots of unassisted birth stories in the last few days, finding them through google.
i'm so fascinated.
i watched this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CQdLoeNFCs
its so beautiful and calm, it makes me see it's possible to give birth like this. just so normal and relaxed!

i'm 25 weeks now and now i've discovered this idea i dont know if i can shake the hope to have an experience like this!

Thanks for making contact!

I'm doing mine for purely medical reasons and past experiences with the NHS... I know I've moved areas since having my 5 children but the fact remains the same, Hospital policy and procedures will spoil the birth I want.. And if it's anything like last time the social services were called due to the birth I wanted for my babies..... a high stress situation which I will be avoiding this time around by having a freebirth...... Though being rather sneaky about it :happydance:

Can I ask what he birth choice was that caused the ss to be called? I'm of the same opinion to of, the NHS hospital will ruin my birth and take it away from me and it won't be what I want. So im having a home birth with a doula. Not sure if ill call the midwife yet.

Can I ask what he birth choice was that caused the ss to be called? I'm of the same opinion to of, the NHS hospital will ruin my birth and take it away from me and it won't be what I want. So im having a home birth with a doula. Not sure if ill call the midwife yet.

3rd home birth after 1 caesarean with twins.

Well I called in with the midwife yesterday, booked in.. Sure enough she has referred me to a consultant AND anesthesiologist! :wacko:
Because sadly the twins resulted in a second caesarean the consultant will be pressuring me into a repeat caesarean.
He / she can pressure me all she / he wants. The Midwife can refer me all she wants too, I won't be going. I've been in that situation many a times before, bullied and pressured into doing what THEY want me to do. What's easiest for them etc.

I won't be going to the appointments (bar Midwife)
I believe in my body, it's a shame they don't. :growlmad:

Because of my raised BMI the Midwife also wants me to have a GTT (glucose tolerance test) at 28 weeks. Since I refused yesterdays booking bloods she asked if I would let them do the GTT. I said, if there is glucose in my sample and any indications of GD (gestational diabeties) of course.

I am an educated woman who knows her rights and her own body. I don't agree to an unnecessary tests. Unfortunately for my midwife I know what's right and what's wrong. I can't and won't be pressured into anything.

:happydance:

i have been reading lots of unassisted birth stories in the last few days, finding them through google.
i'm so fascinated.
i watched this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CQdLoeNFCs
its so beautiful and calm, it makes me see it's possible to give birth like this. just so normal and relaxed!

i'm 25 weeks now and now i've discovered this idea i dont know if i can shake the hope to have an experience like this!

Wow!!!!! That video was amazing!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laree1820
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->