anyone had an internal scan late in cycle ?

inkdchick

seeing if it happens
Reaction score
Hi i wondering if anyone has had an internal scan late on in their cycle and then found out later that you were pregnant.

I have just been for an internal scan this morning cd23 of 24 and she told me that all was looking very good, and that the lining was nice and thick and if anything was to be imbedding it would have a great chance. But because i am only 3 and half weeks ( because cycles are counted as 28 days), she said to do a test in a few days, and she wished us luck.

Anyone , it would be great to hear of someone as im worried it may have harmed in some way....
Thanks for reading

Hi there

What great news for you. I have a friend who was in a really similar situation to you....she was so worried the internal scan would be detremental to her pregnancy but she now has a gorgeous bouncing little girl.

Wishing you all the best :thumbup:

Hi i had an internal scan last friday and she said my ovaries was working fine ( been trying for #2 for 18months) and that i had released an egg so fingers crossed, im on cd23 of 29 day cycle.

Hi there

What great news for you. I have a friend who was in a really similar situation to you....she was so worried the internal scan would be detremental to her pregnancy but she now has a gorgeous bouncing little girl.

Wishing you all the best :thumbup:

Thank you so much, i dont know if we have conceived this month yet but my period was due today, and there is no sign of it and for the most part of today have felt a little sicky but not hoping for anything to be honest so will have to just wait for period to start and then get on witht he next month and see when it will happen.
Thanks again you give me great hope xx

Hi i had an internal scan last friday and she said my ovaries was working fine ( been trying for #2 for 18months) and that i had released an egg so fingers crossed, im on cd23 of 29 day cycle.

Oh fantastic, wishing you all the best hun x

I had a scan later on in a cycle and the scanner woman was able to tell me that I had ovulated and even which ovary I had ovulated from - Didn't get pg that cycle though. I know that wand thing looks a bit frightening, but they don't put it all the way in - I'm sure it wouldn't do any harm at all - indeed some pg women have to have their dating scans done that way and it doesn't hurt them.

Good luck hun, hope you hit the jackpot and get some good news to tell us in a few days. :dust:

I've had scans on CD 19, not quite that late, though I wonder if they'll try this time since I'm CD 19 and my labs came out crazy.

As far as harming the baby. With our son, I had to have SEVERAL internal scans because of my tipped uterus and the fact that our son was straight up and down, they couldn't ever get a heartbeat from my belly. He was just fine and where he needed to be. Sadly, we lost him, but it was due to a whole other complication from an accident that happened.

Pelvic Sono's are perfectly fine and safe. You get them on your belly ALL the time. The only thing it does is use sound pressure to generate the pictures sonography pics. I'd keep away from MRI's or Xray machines which can harm a baby in utero, but as far as pelvic sonograms and sonograms in general, it's all about the sound pressure which won't harm a baby at all. :wink:

unfortunately even tho she was able to tell me that i had a minimum of 3 eggs waiting to pop next cycle, i didnt catch anything this month and period came 3 days late yesterday but at least i still get them so not worried - onwards and upwards as they say!!!!!

aww, :hug: sorry about that...but we have the same outlook... The fact we're getting cycles and have follies are a "GREAT" thing. Our cycle didn't work out this month either. I had only one follie that looked close to 2cm. So trigger and IUI really weren't worth it. I did see some mucus so we bd'd today just in case. Next cycle we're on to injectables and I think we're actually taking a month and a half off because the New York State fair is on at the end of the month and my husbands week long vacation in mid sept. So once we get back, we're planning to start. This months dose was INTENSE. I've been all over the place emotionally and I just don't want to lose joy in the process and forget the love I have for my husband no matter what. So we're taking a break until the vacation and then back we'll start. Who knows, maybe we'll conceive while we're more relaxed. :shrug:

In the meantime, I pray we both find :bfp: soon and I see like me, you've lost some little ones....so I also pray that we have healthy FULL TERM pregnancies soon with healthy babies to hold. What a gift that would be!

aww, :hug: sorry about that...but we have the same outlook... The fact we're getting cycles and have follies are a "GREAT" thing. Our cycle didn't work out this month either. I had only one follie that looked close to 2cm. So trigger and IUI really weren't worth it. I did see some mucus so we bd'd today just in case. Next cycle we're on to injectables and I think we're actually taking a month and a half off because the New York State fair is on at the end of the month and my husbands week long vacation in mid sept. So once we get back, we're planning to start. This months dose was INTENSE. I've been all over the place emotionally and I just don't want to lose joy in the process and forget the love I have for my husband no matter what. So we're taking a break until the vacation and then back we'll start. Who knows, maybe we'll conceive while we're more relaxed. :shrug:

In the meantime, I pray we both find :bfp: soon and I see like me, you've lost some little ones....so I also pray that we have healthy FULL TERM pregnancies soon with healthy babies to hold. What a gift that would be!

That would be fantastic hun and i really really hope that it works for us both , however we are only able to do things the natural way as no-one will give us help as i am 43 , 44 in december but we are not giving up just really hopeful . Have a fantastic break and i hope that we both fall at the same time and then we can be bump buddies xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->