Anyone had any luck turning a posterior engaged baby at 39 weeks?

Kase83

Reaction score
So disappointed bubs has suddenly turned and engaged but the wrong way up, anyone had any experience with this? Does it mean a long assisted labor? Can baby still turn without assistance once engaged? Would love ton hear both positive and real stories. Thanks in advance! On a positive note, my bp has lowered overnight and is now totally normal! Argh, the highs and lows of pregnancy!!::wacko:

When i got to the birth centre when I was in labour Emily was hard to find when i was checked as her head was pointing the wrong way, she turned on her own while I was in labour and I was only in labour or three hours thirty one minutes from start to finish. Midwife recommended the best position to make her turn was to kneel over on hands and knees or lean forward with your bum out over the bed as this puts pressure on the front of the babies head which they don't like and encourages them to turn. Also try not to lie on your back or lean back on the couch, sit leaned forward a much as possible, does the same thing a kneeling.

I hope your baby turns for you.

I replied in the other thread too but you can give birth to a posterior baby without assistance. Mine was direct op and I pushed her out after 27mins with no tears. People seem too be way too afraid of posterior births. Yes it can cause problems but don't assume it will as you might manage fine x

No experience of turning a posterior baby but worst case scenario, if you find yourself having to endure a posterior birth DEMAND an epidural! Not an experience I would wish to repeat. Good luck hun.

No experience of turning a posterior baby but worst case scenario, if you find yourself having to endure a posterior birth DEMAND an epidural! Not an experience I would wish to repeat. Good luck hun.

:roll: People do it without one, don't assume just because you needed one that everyone will. I did it without and managed the pain fine.

I was told I would be fine by a very young and inexperienced midwife and I wanted to wring her neck at the end of it (home birth) - I should hsve been advised to go to hospital. I have heard about a few lucky ladies who got through it unscathed but I can only speak from my own experience and I wouldn't wish that kind of pain on my worst enemy. I was in my own personal hell while my husband sobbed beside me. You have a window for an epidural and there are no medals awarded for your suffering! I'm not making any assumptions. Good for you if you were one of the lucky ones but it doesn't necessarily mean other people will be so fortunate.

Thanks for your honest advice girls, darling, did you deliver your baby posterior or did he/she turn before you birthed?

plenty of kneeling and if you sit down make sure your knees are lower than your hips as the pelvis is wider and baby will get into comfy position.

My first was looking the wrong way when he came into the world, i was none the wiser at the time, but with each push the little bugger was going back up before the next contraction. I did it tho.

Keep positive x

My baby was posterior when I went into labour, the pains were really OK at first, more in my back and bum, they really close together straight off too, they told me that it was the baby trying to get herself into a better position for labour and lots of posterior babies turn round during labour which can make things a little painful for a while... I had an emergency C Section but for nothing related to the baby being back to back, she was also face presentation and I had a suspected rupture on my scar tissue from a previous section, when they pulled her out she had been coming down sideways as was half way to turning herself round so it can be done :)

Thanks for your honest advice girls, darling, did you deliver your baby posterior or did he/she turn before you birthed?

No I delivered posterior. The mw came and apologised the next day. I'm sure they'll do their best to turn the baby though hun so try not to worry.

I was told I would be fine by a very young and inexperienced midwife and I wanted to wring her neck at the end of it (home birth) - I should hsve been advised to go to hospital. I have heard about a few lucky ladies who got through it unscathed but I can only speak from my own experience and I wouldn't wish that kind of pain on my worst enemy. I was in my own personal hell while my husband sobbed beside me. You have a window for an epidural and there are no medals awarded for your suffering! I'm not making any assumptions. Good for you if you were one of the lucky ones but it doesn't necessarily mean other people will be so fortunate.

She's a week away from her due date and is obviously nervous. I think its maybe a better idea to put a positive spin on it and highlight the fact that women DO have direct OP babies and have no epidural or assistance and she can do it too. I think positive thinking during labour is key to a good birth experience :shrug:

She's a week away from her due date and is obviously nervous. I think its maybe a better idea to put a positive spin on it and highlight the fact that women DO have direct OP babies and have no epidural or assistance and she can do it too. I think positive thinking during labour is key to a good birth experience :shrug:

Well I'm sure you're right. But to be forewarned is to be forearmed. Mine was a homebirth btw. I was extremely positive but positive thinking can only get you so far in certain situations and in the worst case scenario I wouldn't want her to suffer. So now she has both angles doesn't she?

When i got to the birth centre when I was in labour Emily was hard to find when i was checked as her head was pointing the wrong way, she turned on her own while I was in labour and I was only in labour or three hours thirty one minutes from start to finish. Midwife recommended the best position to make her turn was to kneel over on hands and knees or lean forward with your bum out over the bed as this puts pressure on the front of the babies head which they don't like and encourages them to turn. Also try not to lie on your back or lean back on the couch, sit leaned forward a much as possible, does the same thing a kneeling.

I hope your baby turns for you.
It was the same for me! Final 3 hours of labouran he came out the right way. Still asleep til he came to the surface of his waterbirth. Upright on all fours, rocking pelvis backwards and forwards x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->