anyone had laser eye surgery?

Wriggley

Reaction score
Anyone had this done

I have worn contacts for the past 4 or 5 years but recently my eyes have been to dry and I'm having to wear them less

my optician mentioned laser treatment to me today but said I need to wait til my prescription has been steady for a while first or il end up in glasses again but she said my prescription is very straight forward for laser

so has anyone ever had laser eye surgery? What was it like ? Who did you go with? Can you have the eyes done separately? I'm worried something will go wrong :/

any info on this would be appreciated

Thanks

I had it done quite recently. I went to London vision clinic, they were extremely helpful and I was just generally pleased with them when I went to my first consultation which is why I continued with them.
As for what was it like.. a lot of people have asked if it hurt, no it didn't (they put numbing drops in) but it's kind of uncomfortable and slightly weird, no pain though and it's over fairly quickly tbh. Afterwards my eyes were quite sensitive to light I was sitting indoors with sunglasses on :lol: but by the next morning that was a lot better, I did and still do experience dry eyes especially when I'm tired but I'm hoping that will go away eventually and they do give you drops for it a long with antibiotic ones.
Straight away I noticed a difference to my sight though, I've been amazed by it and I'd say it's totally worth it.

I am stalking this as I have been thinking about getting mine done

Is it very expensive

Expensive but worth it imo.
If you keep an eye out on places like groupon my sister got hers done through a good deal on there a couple of years ago.

Yes I had it done 2.5 yrs ago at optical express
My eyes were -4.00 in each eye and it cost 2900 total.
I didnt suffer from dryness afterwards but some people do.
It did not hurt for me at all.

I had my done in 2007. At the time, it was fab however I started needing glasses again in 2012. Now I wear glasses full time again

I had it done in 2007 and have had no problems. I had the one called PRK and it took about a week to see properly. I had dryness for at least a month. I think it was $3000.

Everything went fine and all but I wouldn't bother with if I needed it now, since going through pregnancy/childbirth I've gotten a lot more paranoid about things going wrong with my health! Plus along with the surgery itself, there were a lot of appointments before and after which were rather time consuming.

Thanks ladies

I heard they only guarantee it works for 6 years and my optician said if you have it done before your eyes have settled into their correct prescription you can end up back in glasses again so I waiting a while yet

Me!! And it was a life changing experience!!!!! :yipee:

My eyesight was 700/20. Yes you read that right. My contact prescription was -7.2. lol And I had very, very minor astigmatism. I had laser eye surgery in January 2008 and I've been seeing 20/20 ever since.

Two days after the "surgery" (if you can even call it that), DH (bf at the time) and I went to the beach to eat at a cafe. The hardest part? Not getting water in my eyes and wearing eyeshadow for two weeks. lol Not kidding. :thumbup:

Go for it!!!

I want it done but im not aloud to :(

Same :( stupid keratoconus :growlmad:

My university professor had it done and he said it was one of the best things he ever did and highly recommended it. I was going to start saving but recently had keratoconus diagnosed and can no longer have it *sigh*

I want it done but im not aloud to :(

Same :( stupid keratoconus :growlmad:

My university professor had it done and he said it was one of the best things he ever did and highly recommended it. I was going to start saving but recently had keratoconus diagnosed and can no longer have it *sigh*

Ive got nystagmus and my eyes are to bad. I went for a appointment last year to see if i could and he said no way would a surgeon operate on my eyes. It sucks cus i cant really work either and gets to me. Secially with all the health and safey. I had my heart set on it so i could go work i was so upset

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->