Anyone had such a kind of evap line?

happy138

Reaction score
Hi,

My last cycle was on 9th Feb. This cycle it seems I may have ovulated early on 8 or 9 th day of the cycle as per scan results. Just out of curiosity I took a pregnancy test this noon. I knew its way to early just wanted to test because I had some shooting pains in breasts and few other symptoms. I just took the test and dozed off again as I was awake the night before as I had nausea and stomach upset. After 2 hours when I looked at the test there was clearly an evap line there. But it seems to be colored. I am definitely not excited or expecting anything because I know it is stupid:dohh: to test this early and get excited over a evap line. Just wanted to know if anyone else has got such a colored evap line this early before?.

Attachments

• edit.jpg
    edit.jpg
    18.5 KB · Views: 35
Looks like it might be the start of something to me! Have you tested again?

No alyssa . Thanks for replying. will test again in a couple of days. Not trying to get my hopes up as I have had few evap lines before. But never with color. So wanted to see if anyone had got evap lines with color.

I am new to this site and I dont see many responses yet. Please am I missing any info?

Please don't get excited on an evap. Hcg is normally present in your system, just higher if you are pregnant. It's why when women get bloodwork done anything less than 5 is considered negative. If you let urine sit too long on a pregnancy test low levels of hcg (negative levels) can still continue to react with the test strip and cause the reaction to occur. It's so so important to only read them within the allotted timeframe for this reason, it's usually 10 minutes.

If you are pregnant just give it some time, early in the game even just a day makes a huge difference with your hormone levels.

Yes.. Thanks for you reply Weebles. Am not getting excited. Guess should follow the instructions. I never knew even negative levels of hcg react with the strip.!!

The strip is made of antibodies and the color change is produced when they bind with hcg so the longer negative urine is sitting there the more time it has to react with the negative levels that wouldn't have been detectable within the timeframe. It won't always happen and I've noticed it more on some brands than others... Truth be told I recheck for evaps because I figure well, something must be there to be doing it, but I've yet to have an evap and really be pregnant. It might just be too early but I say that with negatives that stay negative too.

Yes makes sense..O:) I have had a few evaps before but they were all white or gray and very very faint. This particular one is colored and is visible even at an arms length. But I used a different brand this month. Evap and indent lines are real wicked:growlmad:

Yes, they really are! Do you know how many dpo you are? I don't let negatives or evaps get me down until AF shows, lol.

I must be 8 dpo. I must be stupid to test this early I know. I really don't know what made me test so early. I have read evap lines can be gray but this really surprised me.

I had a really convincing evap on an Internet cheapie dip strip test. I started a thread on here about it as well. I've done numerous tests since and all negative. Fingers crossed you get the outcome you're after x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->