anyone had their gall bladder out

broodylocket

Reaction score
hey, ive got tiny gall stones and they've told me i need my gall bladder as no matter what i eat, im in so much pain, worse than labour!

anyone had any experiences? im really nervous now as its gonna be soon and i saw last weeks holby city and the guy died on the operating table. :cry:

I had mine out last July and it was fine.

After I'd had it done, i was so much better.. don't worry about it. TV makes everything out to be something it's not .

I had mine out too, few yrs ago, was keyhole surgery,was only in for 1 night, your up & walking about really quickly & recovery is quicker too, you will be a little sore not in alot of pain like big operations, ive had 8 operations so having keyhole is a breeze for me..
dont sit about too long keep active & you recover quicker, just be very carefeul what you eat in the future as you can be prone to put weight on much easier & ive been left with IBS so i have to watch my fat intake, well i try, im only human :)

I've had mine out for nearly a decade now, and it was fine! I had never had surgery, and was frightened of not waking up, but everything was ok. I also have IBS from it, and that's shitty (ha! literally), but it's better than the immense pain I was in from the stones. You'll be just fine!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->