Anyone have a saline ultrasound?

micsor

Reaction score
I miscarried my first pregnancy in April, and really didn't like how my doctor handled everything. I just went to a new doctor on Friday, who was very thorough and caring and couldn't believe the difference!

Any way, I have a fibroid that my other doctor didn't seem concerned about, but after reading things on the internet, it really concerned me and I've been wondering if it could have caused my miscarriage. This doctor said it could possibly have caused it, depending on where exactly it is, and what type. In order to know, he wants to do a saline sonogram so he can get a better picture. I'm thrilled that he's investigating this, but I'm scared at the same time. Never had it done, and was wondering if it's really bad? I really have a low pain tolerance, and am making myself a wreck over it! If anyone can ease my mind, I'd appreciate it!

I'm so sorry for your loss. :hugs:

Glad that you found a dr that you like. It definitely helps when you feel that they care and are thorough.

My friend had one done and said that she was a little crampy afterwards but nothing too serious. I think you should be okay it sounded like bad cramps like from :af: when she told me.

I have several fibroids and have gone through two of these over the years. When they put the catheter in and add the saline, it does feel like cramping, but it can be eleviated ahead of time with some tylenol or the like. Depending where and how large the fibroid is, (and what type) it could likely not have been the cause, but they will tell you if it needs to be removed or is ok for the meantime. hope this helps. :hugs:

My FS called it a water sono. and it was pretty quick and easy. I hope yours is easy too!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->