Anyone Have Endometriosis?

sunnylove

Reaction score
I'm seeing the OBGYN in a couple weeks, but had some concerns about endometriosis I'm hoping someone can help me with. All of the "symptoms" of it are very broad, like pain during your period (really?) and lower back pain. Can anyone help?

My periods are like clockwork. They are on the heavy side, but they're only heavy for about 2-3 days out of 5. The only thing that made me question if I have endometriosis is that this month especially, I've had significant pain while having a bowel movement (tmi). There's always been some pain during the first couple days of my period, and I just added it up to everything down there contracting (such pain I've heard is common). But this month the pain was the same contracting feeling, just about 30x worse. Like it almost felt like I was having a miscarriage out of my back end or something, lol.

My cramps have always been the same amount of pain (pretty bad, but normal), although last month I started cramping a good few days before I got my period.

Other than that, there is no pain while urinating, or during sex or anything like that. Tips, advice?? Greatly appreciated. :)

Hi. Sorry to hear you are unwell.

I was diagnosed with endometriosis at the tender age of 18. I had your symptoms plus pain during intercourse, bleeding between periods, severe abdominal pain pretty much all of the time.

It was diagnosed by laparoscopy. I control it by having a contraceptive injection which stops my periods. The problem with this is that it can take a while to come out of your system before you can conceive.

Have a chat with your doctor, it may not be endo at all, so try not to worry. And even if it is, there are ways to treat and control it and it doesn't always impair ability to have a family - I have a little boy.

Not sure if I have helped at all, but I really hope you are feel better soon x

i have suspected endo (not had surgery to confirm) im just doing symtom control atm, i have the implant in and had to take 3months of the pill aswell to decrease my flow and regulate my cycles. ive used tramadol for pain relief and also been given mefenamic acid to try ( luckily since using the pill as well the pain is much less so havent had to use it yet)

i only usually get two weeks of no bleeding at best, my floe is usually long, longest so far was two months.

i get awfull pain in my right side in the days leading up to AF, i have pain during and for about an hour after intercourse, and awfull headaches when im on.

hope you get some answers!!! xxx

I've had 3 surgeries for endo. I had my last one when DS2 was 11weeks old. I'm pain free for about 1 week out of every month. I developed an autoimmune disorder after my pregnancies, so was able to get great pain management once that occurred. I usually take an ibuprofen and pain meds 45min before intercourse. Now that I'm pregnant the pain isn't quite as bad, but it definitely doesn't go away. Frankly the pain during my pregnancies can be pretty severe from the endo. It's led to adhesions, and chocolate cysts. My left ovary now has a solid mass I'm having biopsied tomorrow. Thankfully I'm far enough along that it doesn't worry me because every treatment benign or otherwise is safe at this point. Endo is a special kind of hell though, for many of us. Find a great, understanding doctor. I find male doctors to be best. I could go on for days about the endo, but it's bed time for me, DH and bump.

I'm seeing the OBGYN in a couple weeks, but had some concerns about endometriosis I'm hoping someone can help me with. All of the "symptoms" of it are very broad, like pain during your period (really?) and lower back pain. Can anyone help?

My periods are like clockwork. They are on the heavy side, but they're only heavy for about 2-3 days out of 5. The only thing that made me question if I have endometriosis is that this month especially, I've had significant pain while having a bowel movement (tmi). There's always been some pain during the first couple days of my period, and I just added it up to everything down there contracting (such pain I've heard is common). But this month the pain was the same contracting feeling, just about 30x worse. Like it almost felt like I was having a miscarriage out of my back end or something, lol.

My cramps have always been the same amount of pain (pretty bad, but normal), although last month I started cramping a good few days before I got my period.

Other than that, there is no pain while urinating, or during sex or anything like that. Tips, advice?? Greatly appreciated. :)

Hi sunnylove, can you please update us about your appointment with your doc and what did he/she say? I'm quite curious about it since I am in a same kind of boat.

Since the beginning of this year, seems that my AF has changed. I started spotting just a day or two before AF arrives and my flow has become very heavy for the first couple of days. I also did pass clots in a cycle and this last month, I had extreme pelvic pain which lasted for 2 whole days (very unusual for me, I never have pain the second day and only have mild pain on first day) that no OTC pain killer helped. I have PCOS but through transvaginal ultrasound in April, my OB/GYN said that my ovaries look "clean and cyst-free" (which I think was possible due to low GI food). Sorry to hijack your thread but I was curious about your appointment and I suspect I may have endo too!

so glad i found this thread!

i was diagnosed with endo about 5 months ago (not had surgery as of yet) but i have seen 5 different doctors for advice and they have all said 90% sure i have endo!

i have had lots of symptoms - pain through out the month have 1 week out of the month with no pain if im lucky, very heavy painful periods, frequent urination, constipation and pain in bowels when trying to poo (sorry tmi) i also bleed irregularly for a couple of days at a time throughout the month (not every month though) and the pain i get through out the month is focused in just 2 areas, and sometimes the pain is so bad i double over but only lasts moments at a time!

i posted here as i am TTC and wondered if anyone had success stories! im angry with my docs as they have said i cant have surgery to see how bad it is until i have been trying for at least 6 months, but its frustrating not knowing! :cry:
i still hope i will have surgery and they will tell me its not endo! but the doc doesnt think that will happpen!

sorry i have gone on :blush:
xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back