Anyone have experience with gDiapers?

J

Jessa

Hi All,

I was doing some research on the net last night and came across gDiapers. Has anyone used them? Heard of them?

https://www.gdiapers.com/

They sound interesting, kind of like a cross between disposable and cloth. Hubby and I aren't sure we could handle cloth but are very conscious of the environmental impact that disposables have. Any thoughts?

Mmmmm...I really like the look of these...interesting....off for a proper nosey!

xxx

These look fab! I bet I won't be able to get them here in the UK though :-(

I think they're a great comprimise between cloth and disposables, and they look well fitted so less likely to leak (from my experience :dohh:).

xxx

We have something very similar over here, Mothercare Smart Nappies :) The only difference is they don't come in funky colours, and aren't flushable. Everything else is the same! :)

Would they work out very expensive? Could you go for eco nappies if they do as theyre not much more than regular disposables but much better for the enviroment :)

Yes they do look expensive but much nicer than a smart nappy...

You can't get them here anyway :-(

x

Compared to the prices here in Canada, they would be about $10 or $20 more per month. I would be willing to pay that for the reduced environmental impact. I did quite a bit of research online and people are saying that they sometimes leak, but usually only if they aren't the proper size or fit. I'm a LONG way from needing them, but thought they were an interesting compromise. I'm definitely going to keep them in mind.

I love the idea of them tbh - so wish you could get them here...I'd love to try them :D

I didn't even realize that perhaps you couldn't get them everywhere. I just figured that since they were available on the Internet that you could have them shipped wherever. Guess not, eh? :(

Have no experience with them, but I've seen them and they're cute and trim!

I'm planning to use the gdiapers - a few friends of mine are big fans. Now they even make the cloth inserts too, so we may go for the cloth inserts instead of the flushables. You can find some reviews online.

I'm planning to use the gdiapers - a few friends of mine are big fans. Now they even make the cloth inserts too, so we may go for the cloth inserts instead of the flushables. You can find some reviews online.

Are you in the US?

x

Are you in the US?

x

Yes, looks like over here we can order them online or buy them in Babies R Us. A lot of online reviews suggest that many of the other brands of prefolds fit well inside the gPants, so I think we're going to try a system like that first.

I have to say I'm a tad envious :blush: they look great and really well fitted...so wish you could buy them here in the UK!

x

I do have personal experience!!!!

OH from the beginning didn't want to use disposables. I was like "Hells NO!" when it came to cloth diapers. I did not want ANYTHING to do with poop. So with some research, OH comes up with the gDiapers. Seems fanatastic, right?

We even stocked up on them. Every week we'd go and buy a few more. Of course being our first we were totally naive about the cost of diapers. So Claire comes along. We stuck to disposables until her cord fell off, then switched to the gdiapers.

The Pros?

They are as easy as they look. Literally, you rip off the side, do a "swish swish" with the little stick thing in the starter packs and you are good to go. They're also super cute. The little "g" on the bum was to die for (in my books, at least!)

The Cons:

Washing poop off a plastic insert was disgusting. No idea why my tolerance to it was so low. But yeah, gross. The nighttime "sushi roll" was annoying as well. At that point, we were changing her "night" diapers 3 times, so that meant 2 inserts every time we changed her to prevent leaks. Yikes.

So yeah, it was cost that drove us to other solutions. At first, I was like "Heck yeah, I'll pay more to save the environment!!!" :haha: but in reality, the cost is absurd. I was paying $20 for a package of 40 liners. Again, not having experience with these sorts of things I thought I was getting a deal.

Then I was at Shopper's Drug Mart (yeah, all these prices are CDN $$) and I saw a package of Pampers... it cost $23 for a package of 84 diapers. :shock: That's when I blew a gasket. With that stupid "sushi roll" thing, we were going through a package of liners every 2-3 days... which meant around $40 a week for diapers. That's nuts! Especially when a package of disposables would last 2.5 weeks for half the price. :dohh:

At that point, I told OH that I wanted to protect the environment, but not at the expense of my bank account. We went back to disposables for awhile. Then I started feeling bad about the disposables so I looked into the cloth diapers that a friend was using. She got the BumGenius ones, and they were totally cute! I warmed up to them and now that's what we use.

I bought a few Fuzzi Bunz for good measure, but I still like the BG's more. If you have any more questions, please feel free to ask me. The gdiapers were a great idea, but insanely expensive. When buying cloth the diapers "pay" for themselves after awhile.

We bought 24 to start, which ran about $580. However, given the cost of disposables, after 6 months of use they pay for themselves. BG are BTP (Birth to Potty) so you do get your money's worth and more. Anyways, I would research cloth diapers before you throw away loads of money using the gdiapers.

Sorry for the novel!

Just wanted to second the post above - I know a few people who have tried them and the cost worked out to much more than disposables. I was going to try them out since they looked so cute, but have decided to go with cloth instead! :D
xx

Another option is to use Gro Baby - it's normally a standard cloth diaper, except now they have biodegradable inserts that you can use when it's inconvenient to use the cloth inserts.

i've got several g-diapers and i'm in the u.k. i got all mine preloved from the classified section on www.clothnappytree.com. They are too big for my LO at the mo, but when i do get round to using them i will be stuffing them with washable boosters and fleece liners.

I am a g diapers user too! Though not solely ;)

We use cloth during the day (diaper service for now), g diapers when we go out, and then eco-friendly disposables for overnight.

I've had a great experience with the g diapers - only leaked once and only very slightly (I had to look for it). However, my girl tends to have more solid poos. I don't know that I would trust them to hold lots for overnight though. I do find that they have a trimmer fit, and I love the wide elastic at the waist - keeps stuff in IYKWIM.

Let me know if you have any questions!

:)
A

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe