Anyone have/had gastritis??

kmbabycrazy

Reaction score
On Tuesday night/Wednesday morning my sister had to take me to a&e with severe stomach pains. The doctors discharged me a few hours later saying it was gastritis and that I was to take these tablets they were prescribing. That was it. I figured that once I wasn't in pain and I wasn't feeling ill any more I would be fine and it would be over. But last night we went out for a meal and about 2am I woke up in horrendous pain and threw up everything :( after looking it up there are foods you're apparently supposed to avoid as they can be triggers but the doctors never told me this and basically my entire meal was made up of stuff that are apparently triggers. The problem is dr google gives a lot of contradicting advice. Some say avoid certain foods then another site will say it's good. Some say eat little meals several times a day, other sites say don't do that as it will create more acid. So I was looking for help from people who actually have it.

I suffer with this and it really is crippling at it's worse. You fully have my sympathy, it's like labour in your stomach :cry:

I can't drink large amounts of alcohol or it flares up for a few days, vodka is the worst culprit.

Lots of greasy foods set me off as well, surprisingly spicy food does not affect me though :hugs: I take lansoprazole for mine, and I take it everyday rather than just when I have a flare up, mainly because when I am not pregnant I take a lot of naproxen which can give me nasty flare ups as well.

Sorry just to add, it's kind of trial and error, you will work out what makes you bad and what doesn't.

Well I figured what I'd do is let this bout heal and just try a bland diet for a couple of weeks and then slowly reintroduce things and keep a food diary so I can figure out my triggers and avoid them.

Also I completely agree when it was happening I just kept thinking this is worse than labour. It is quite possibly the worst, most awful pain i've ever been in x

OMG, I get this. I am on lanzoperal also. The pain is excruciating. I have passed out from it before!

I have been told to avoid milk as that makes your stomach produce more acid to neutralise the alkaline. I have no idea what causes mine. It just randomly happens. Although if I don't eat properly (very much) for a few days in a row I think this could trigger it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->