Anyone have Provera NOT work?

Mamabel

Reaction score
So, yes, I'm the super-weirdo who hasn't gotten her first AF after an April first mc and D&C. I hardly even had any spotting after the D&C, and now I wonder if the doctor didn't just suck everything out. If my lower abdomen didn't feel so full and sloshy, I'd wonder if I still had a uterus! I know, bad joke, not even funny. So, anyway, the midwife put me on ten days of Provera, and I was supposed to get AF two days after I stopped taking it. Well, it's been five days, and not even a twinge of a cramp. I enjoyed (not) some nice shooting pains this afternoon through my right ovary, but even that dissipated when I lay down for a bit (and had a glass of wine...wonder which one worked?!)

So, anywho.....has anyone heard of Provera not working? Should I be worried or just accept my own freakishness? thanks for advice,
m

Hi there, I actually had this question last week. I have PCOS and rarely get af anyways, but I seemed to get pregnant without one with our first son whom we lost at 22wks gestation. Anyways, I've been using provera and this is my second ttc cycle, however I've been using it for af the past several months.

I was feeling pretty good this month and while I had slight lower back cramps, nothing was showing. I was WAY too happy as well ( Provera makes me nuts.lol ) I stopped taking it on a Sunday and expected it on Thursday...it didn't come until sat. It was basically just the lining for the first two days, then my husband gave me a deep massage in my lower back and the next day blood started flowing again.

Before this happened, my OB prescribed a second 10day Provera script which is what she usually said was protocal. I've heard people go twenty days until they get their af with provera but I don't wait that long. According to the nurse, it can sometimes happen. especially if you've shed all your lining and haven't much to shed because of taking the drug consecutively. I wouldn't worry, give it a week or so and see what happens, then call for another script of Provera if it doesn't work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->