Anyone have Tubal Reversal

mamahope

Reaction score
Husband and I have surgery scheduled and wondering if any of you have stories you want to share?

I had mine in early May :happydance:! I have 3 teenager, 13, 15, 17 :cry:! I am re-married to a man who doesn't have any children of his own. I am on my 6th cycle and still no BFP. :cry:! I will be having a HSG in a week to make sure my tubes are still open and no scar tissue. Both tubes are 7cm long after the surgery. There are women I seen have BFP shortly after their tubal reversal so there is lots of hope. I do wish I would have took time prior to the surgery to watch my cycles. Like on fertilityfriend.com so that I could be aware what is normal for me. Before my tubal I didn't care when I started or if I missed but they had been tied for 13 years. It's something to think about prior to the surgery. I had mine in CAREs in Dallas, Tx and the cost total was about 6700.00. Good luck to you!!

I too had my TR at CARE's in January. This is my 9th cycle TTC. Hubby said that if it didn't happen this month, I would go in for the HSG in November. Good luck to you and your surgery and Baby Dust to all of us!!!

I too had my TR at CARE's in January. This is my 9th cycle TTC. Hubby said that if it didn't happen this month, I would go in for the HSG in November. Good luck to you and your surgery and Baby Dust to all of us!!!

Wow! Did Dr Nackley do yours? I called about the HSG this morning. It's $525.00 for the HSG but found out my insurance would pay for it and only cost me my $30.00 copay.

No, not that Dr. I had the tag team husband and wife. His name escapes me ATM. I was at the Bedford office. They are wonderful! My insurance will pay about 1/2. I am worried about it. You'll have to let me know how it goes!

I had a TR done in 2007 After the surgery I was left with 7 cm on both sides which they say is good. got a BFP in 2008 which ended in M/C,then in 2009 had a HSG that showed both tubes are clear, then had another BFP at the age of 41 last November that one end in M/C too. but were hopeful to get a good egg soon.

How can u forget their name? Doody (poopy) lmao! I'll let you know, I'm nervous about it. Mostly about scar tissue! I used the Bedford clinic too and they are wonderful. Can call and they usually get you right in.

How can u forget their name? Doody (poopy) lmao! I'll let you know, I'm nervous about it. Mostly about scar tissue! I used the Bedford clinic too and they are wonderful. Can call and they usually get you right in.

YES! Dr. Doody. I said it out loud and my hubby was like, yea, that's it!! Too funny. I called them in August for September HSG, but hubby wanted to try a few more times. AF is due the 22nd so if she shows, I'll be calling them.

I am so new to this... what is BFP and HSG. I am using Dr Rosenfeld in Houston in 6 wks for TR. Hoping after surgery and recovery of approx 2-3 we don't have a lot of disappointments. To the lady that has had a couple of m/c... I have heard other women say it happened to them as well and read that after a TR that it is not uncommon to have them. Please don't give up hope that it will happen bc you never know and it seems I have seen and heard so many stories that when couples quit trying to time it - it seems to happen!

I am so new to this... what is BFP and HSG. I am using Dr Rosenfeld in Houston in 6 wks for TR. Hoping after surgery and recovery of approx 2-3 we don't have a lot of disappointments. To the lady that has had a couple of m/c... I have heard other women say it happened to them as well and read that after a TR that it is not uncommon to have them. Please don't give up hope that it will happen bc you never know and it seems I have seen and heard so many stories that when couples quit trying to time it - it seems to happen!

BFP means a positive pregnancy test
HSG is a test they do that puts dye though your uterus and if it spills out your tubes then they know they are open.
the HSG is typically recommended a few months after the Tubal Reversal.

I had mine in early May :happydance:! I have 3 teenager, 13, 15, 17 :cry:! I am re-married to a man who doesn't have any children of his own. I am on my 6th cycle and still no BFP. :cry:! I will be having a HSG in a week to make sure my tubes are still open and no scar tissue. Both tubes are 7cm long after the surgery. There are women I seen have BFP shortly after their tubal reversal so there is lots of hope. I do wish I would have took time prior to the surgery to watch my cycles. Like on fertilityfriend.com so that I could be aware what is normal for me. Before my tubal I didn't care when I started or if I missed but they had been tied for 13 years. It's something to think about prior to the surgery. I had mine in CAREs in Dallas, Tx and the cost total was about 6700.00. Good luck to you!!

Angelbaby,
How did the HSG go? AF came very early this time around. We have decided to delay the HSG again. I think I am going to look at temping for awhile. I told my bunny that I want to be able to tell the Dr very matter of factly that we did everything we knew to do.
Blessings,
LNZLU

Angelbaby,
How did the HSG go? AF came very early this time around. We have decided to delay the HSG again. I think I am going to look at temping for awhile. I told my bunny that I want to be able to tell the Dr very matter of factly that we did everything we knew to do.
Blessings,
LNZLU

HI LNZLU,

I think my head is spinning with all the decisions I have to make!

HSG is not comfortable at all. I really consider myself to take pain well but I didn't with this! I'm glad I did it though. I found out my R tube is either partially blocked or completely blocked. (2 of the fertility docs can't agree weather its partial or complete) I cried like a BABY. My insurance did cover that and I only had to pay 30.00. I am a RN and wore white bottoms like a idiot not thinking and I bled pretty heavy the first day and spotted for 2 days. I'm glad it's behind me now and I feel better after having a long talk with the doctor on friday.

My TSH (thyroid) was on the high side of normal 3.45 so they drew for a free T4. They really like that level to be between 1-2. Still waiting on my AMH but she seemed positive about it because the ultrasound prior to my reversal showed 8 follicles on R side and 6 on the L on that cycle.

She wants me to do IUI w/ Clomid/trigger. I do have regular cycles and ovulate on my own. However, the IUI will cost 950.00 per cycle. I just wanted to do Clomid plus the trigger shot and have intercourse but apparantly for some unexplained reason it cost the same $950.00. :wacko::wacko:

Do the HSG if you can because it will tell alot and give a peace of mind. Just take Tylenol before you go and DON'T wear white! lol! The pain leaves quickly.

BTW... I read the past post of the $525.00 they told me over the phone. When I signed the consent form it was 1100 if you do not have insurance. Thankfully mine paid because it was medical for 30.00 co-pay.

I had a TR done in 2007 After the surgery I was left with 7 cm on both sides which they say is good. got a BFP in 2008 which ended in M/C,then in 2009 had a HSG that showed both tubes are clear, then had another BFP at the age of 41 last November that one end in M/C too. but were hopeful to get a good egg soon.

How far along were you when you mc....both times? I am 5 weeks pregnant tubal reversal in april 2012......i am 30 years old......just wondering what to expect......i feel fine besides extreme bb tenderness bloating tiredness and lotsa morning sickness.........oh ya did i say i felt fine?!? anyway I am still nervous but doc says my uterus is enlarged and i look fine. :shrug:

Well I figured I'd share...Had my TR in March 2010, have great lengths, HSG all is open and flowing, had Genetic testing, Reccurent Pregnancy loss testing, all is well.....However I have had 5 miscarriages ranging from 6 to 12 weeks!! Not fun!! I am currently pregnant again naturally and just playing the waiting game. My RE says its a matter of time before one sticks!! I am 37 so my clock is ticking!! I would have chosen IVF if I'd have known how hard this was gonna be. I never had any issues with my pregnancies prior to my TL!!

Also....take note many TR women have had progesterone issue (I do) which will cause MC everytime push for the progesterone right after ovulation!!! I have read in many TR women it has helped!!

I also had a Divinchi Robotic TR newer kind of surgery only tiny slits in my stomach belly button I did not want to reopen my old c-section ..Cost was $10,500......
Wish you all the best!!

I had my tubal reversal in 2006.. I have had 4 pregnancies since. lost two . but have 2 beautiful girls.

I had my tubal reversal in May '08 , an HSG in Nov'08, discovered that right tube is blocked.. decided to do IUI..after 2 cycles of 100mg clomid, pergeon + trigger.. we conceived in June '09..

This is TR pregnancy # 2 and it was au' natural:happydance:

I had my TR March 25th 2011. Have been trying since. Had an HSG done the 24th of this month. Both tubes are clear and patent! Hoping this is the BFP month for me....about 5dpo. The HSG was not bad for me at all. Had a few minor cramps comparable to menstrual cramps. Used one pantyliner after for the spotting and nothing else! Good luck with your tubal reversals. I had mine done by Dr. Lisa Rogers in Jacksonville, TN. $4700.00 total with no hidden fees and she was wonderful. I have 4.5 cm on left and 6 cm on right. Baby dust to all of you!!!

so nice to find others that have had TR. I had my TR 01-2010, short tubes 4 and 3.5, short LP, and I'm now 36. So far I've had 1 chemical, 1 non confirmed ectopic treated with methotrexate, and 1 miscarriage. 2 years later and my ob is finally on board with progesterone supplements but only after a bfp.. I wish the best of luck to all!!

How far along were you when you mc....both times? I am 5 weeks pregnant tubal reversal in april 2012......i am 30 years old......just wondering what to expect......i feel fine besides extreme bb tenderness bloating tiredness and lotsa morning sickness.........oh ya did i say i felt fine?!? anyway I am still nervous but doc says my uterus is enlarged and i look fine. :shrug:

I dont think my early miscarriages were at all related to the TR ,
I had M/C the first one at 5 weeks and the second at 4 weeks ,
I think the first one was due to my lining being too thin for the baby to stick ( thanks to clomid,)
second one was most likely just not healthy because I we had given up on it ever happening again and so I stopped taking my vitamins and had started drinking tons of coffee. I was also under alot of stress that month .also whether I want to admit it or not my age is a factor.

congrats on your pregnancy!.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"