Anyone heard of vitamins for ADHD?

Dream.dream

SAHM to 2 beautiful boys
Reaction score
Talking with the pediatrician right now about trying some vitamin suppliment to help my son. It's a bit early but he's showing some signs of ADHD and since me and his dad both had bad ADHD as children I'm concerne or him starting school.

He has some of the same tendencies I did when I was little , he gets really wound up and can't stop until he crashes,he never stops moving and jumps from one activity to the other and has trouble focussing, he doesn't sleep well , has almost zero frustration tolerance , and is incredibly impulsive and after he has a crash he wants to eat nothing but carbs and sugar ( I don't let him but he asks constantly )

The doctor wants me to try giving him omega 3s, zinc and vitamin d suppliment on top of his multi vitamin. Jut wondering if anyone has heard this or seen it work?

I have a friend that swears by an omega 3 supplement for her son. I dont spend enough time with him to compare how he is with or without it.

After my first child I started having migraines that would start with episodes of dyslexia and taking cod liver oil helped enormously, so I believe omega 3s can have a neurological effect.

I have heard that some vitamin deficiencies can contribute to ADHD symptoms, and that more and more often pediatricians are recommending supplements before moving onto the pharmaceutical options for treating it. Basically going with the vitamins/nutrition route first to see if that can help.

I don't have direct experience with it yet, but I've heard about it through credible sources (friends and family with children with ADHD, and our pediatrician).

Definitely worth a try, especially since they seem to have a 'gummy' version of every vitamin out there. Wish those had been around when I was a kiddo!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->