Anyone in the Angus (Scotland) area looking for a dog?

O

Ozzieshunni

We're sadly having to rehome our two dogs, Jack and Ben. We were trying to find someone in the area to take them, but have had little luck and would really like to know that they are going to good homes. If we can't find homes, they will have to go to Dog's Trust. :cry: This isn't easy, but it's what has to be done with a new baby coming and us moving back to California in a year. Thanks in advance! :flower:

Can I ask what breed they are ?

One is a lab/staffie mix. He's about 2-3, but basically looks like a lab puppy.

The other is a lab/collie mix. He's probably about 6-7.

Ok thanks, just asking as we run Boxer rescue and take alot of crosses too. We have alot of contacts in other breed rescues.

Unless you get a home for them with somebody you know well, I'd be really careful (you probably already know this) but I wouldn't advertise them on any of the free ads, there's alot of idiots out there that trawl the free ads after dogs for the wrong reasons - specially the bull breeds like your staffy x.

If your going to go with rescue dogs trust are fantastic, even if they have to stay in a kennel for a short period, they'll be matched up with the right home and they will recieve life time rescue back up.. which means they wont keep getting passed on if things don't work out, they'll be chipped back to the NCDL. :flower:

Yeah, we are looking at dogs trust atm. The lab/staffie doesn't even look like a staffie. You would think he was a lab puppy if you saw him.

Thanks for the advice. :flower:

They shouldn't have any problem getting a home, everyone wants the lab x's.

If we get in the lab x Boxers we get that many applications for them it's unreal.

Good luck :thumbup:

I think your best bet for rehoming them would be to go to a smaller, independant, and genuine no kill rescue. These people will be well placed to find absolutely the right home for them and will also stipulate that the dogs must be returned if they can no longer be kept. If it helps, I have a friend who can probably help find a place for them.

Is there really no way you can keep them or take them back to the states with you? One of my puppy owners has just emigrated to Canada with her dog and it was fairly easy to arrange.

Nope, there is no way to take the pair of them. We will be staying with family at first and they are not dog people. It's a push that we can bring the cat.

We are going with Dog's Trust. Heard good things from people. I hope it works out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->