Anyone introduced a Dummy at 6 months plus?

LeannieB

Toby and Sam xx
Reaction score
Hi has anyone introduced a dummy around 6 months? My little boy is 6 months now and has always been a comfort sucker and I have always fed him to sleep for naps etc unless he is out in the car or pram and then he will fall asleep without the boob. I dont mind at all doing this but sometimes with 2 older boys (off school easter holidays) its not fair and I cant sit there for hour plus while he comfort sucks. Sometimes I can feed him get him to sleep and he will put down no problem and stay asleep but lately he hasnt (teething). My OH suggested maybe trying him with a dummy but im not sure. Hoping someone has some advice. Thanks in advance x

I don't think it'd do any harm! You might as well try.. My LO is like yours, always been fed to sleep and loves sucking on things. Anything you put near her gets put directly in her mouth, but she's strangely never really taken to a dummy. She has it very occasionally, but only if she's VERY tired, otherwise she just chomps on it and spits it out. And when she does have it and goes to sleep with it in she just ends up dropping it and stirring...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laree1820
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->