anyone know anything about spina bifida ? help please !

Jo.t

expecting #7
Reaction score
I may be over thinking things but ......

I had my little boy 2 days ago & at his baby check it was noticed he had .......

Talipes (club foot) in both feet
Tongue tie
Un-desended testies
Double natal cleft

I have had a quick google about all these minor issues & every single one is also linked to spina bifida

I will speak to my midwife later today & ask her opinion but would like to hear other peoples thoughts about this.

I am a bit worried tbh :-(

Nothing noted on scans

My son only had two of the symptoms Talipes in one foot and undesended testis (they later dropped by his 6 week check up) They never checked for spinal bifida as they weren't that concerned. He's grown up happy and healthy. He can walk, run, jump etc although these were late as he is also autistic.

However, it is pretty common to have it checked out if you have a double natal cleft. Most of the time its an isolated thing and just extra fat and skin. I also wouldn't worry to much about it. I was reading somewhere that up to 10-20% of people have the mildest form of spinal bifida and not realise as it is hidden and it just shows up when they have an x-ray.

I really wouldn't worry to much, but just push to get the test done if it will put your mind at ease. Also the talipes treatment is so good now days you would never tell my son was born with it! The only thing he has is a dent in his right foot, but it look more or less identical to his left. I will say though do the exercises religiously. I did them at every nappy change and got it part of his routine. It helped his flexibility no end and at his last check up it was one of the best feet the doctor saw all day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->