Anyone know exactly how log it took from implantation to BFP?

Kato2

Mummy to 1 and pregnant
Reaction score
I'm cracking up in 2wk wait! Had bleeding 5dpo which was lighter than period with very little cramp (I usually suffer badly!) and my period is usually 10dpo! Today at 8dpo I tested negative but I'm at a loss as to what has hapenned if I'm not pregnant. How long did it take to test +be for those of you who know when implantation occurrent? Arghhhhhhhh!

I implanted early - 6dpo. I felt a very sudden and brief pinching on the left side of my uterus. BFP 3 days later, 9dpo.

In general, it take 2-3 days after implantation for a + to show on a sensitive early test.

The average day to implant is between 7-8 dpo. Some are a little earlier, some a little later. But in general, most people can get a positive by 10/11 dpo with a very sensitive test. That doesn't mean everyone of course, but the majority (if they know EXACTLY when they ovulated) can.

I can't say for sure if it was actual implantation, but the night of 7 dpo I got lightening bolt sharp pains from my uterus down through my vagina...this went on for about 5 minutes. I got one more of them the next day. Never had this happen before. Not sure if it was implantation, or if I had already implanted and it was settling in because I got a bfp the morning of 9 dpo with very very concentrated second morning urine. Hope this is it for you!

I implanted at 7dpo and got a bfn at 10dpo then a very faint bfp at 11dpo.

With my 1st I felt implantation pain on the night of 8 dpo and got a bfp on FRER and another test the next day, but...

With my 2nd, I felt implantation pain on the night of 7 dpo and didn't get a bfp (on an IC) till 10 dpo...and very faint then, too

With my first I implanted 6dpo and tested pos 9dpo so assumed if I was I would have by now. Had ok bleeding first time round but can't understand why I would have a period (if that's what it is) at 5dpo!! Anyone else experienced imp bleeding which was heavier than you assumed would be?

I remember you from when DD was born...

Yes I had implantation bleeding at 5/6dpo - was like a mini period - last 3/4 days and thought I was out... very shocked to get a positive a week later.

Fingers crossed for you xx

Hi rickles! Was you IB heavy? Mine is lighter than normal period but certainly not spotting! I would day it's light but I couldn't just use a panty liner. It's stopped completely now so lasted 2.5 days as opposed to 5. Did you test in between your IB and your BFP?

I felt quick pinching pains in my uterus in the afternoon of 7dpo and I got the faintest of faint lines the morning of 9dpo.

Well still testing negative but my bbt hasn't dropped still! I'm being driven crazy here!

kato its take 48 hours for hcg to double. so if you did infact implant at 5 dpo and you hcg level was at 1, then it would be 2 but 7dpo, 4 by 9dpo, 8 by 11dpo and 16 by 13dpo and then youd be able to pick it up! so dont loose hope just yet it can take a little while for the hcg to increse. :D

some people get early results if say they implant at 7dpo, and their hcg level is naturaly 5. so then by 9 dpo they can pick it up on an early test.

just hope that helps a little x

Slowloris thank you so much for your reply- this has reassured me so much! I obviously want to get pg but expected it may take a while as my luteal phase is 9-10 days but it's the fact that it could potentially be 5 that worries me if this does turn out to be a period!

I had implantation at 9dpo, I had a tiny bit of red blood after going to the toilet and I have never spotted mid cycle so i knew that's what it must be. I never had an implantation bleed with my first pregnancy though.

I got a bfn at 10dpo with fmu then a very faint bfp at 11dpo in the afternoon which got darker over the coming days :)

FX for you!

I felt pokey cramps on the night of 7dpo this time. I think I'm one of those women with low levels to begin with because at 11dpo i got the faintest positive followed by a beta of 18 several hours later.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->