Anyone know how docs break a finger to reset it?

Harveysmum369

Mrs Christmas
Reaction score
the ex boyfriend of my 'mother' broke my finger when I was in my teens...for the past few years it feels like someone has constantly hit my funny bone and when I'm on the laptop I can't lay my little finger flat...I'm going to the docs about it,and know they are likely to say it needs breaking and resetting..

Just wondered how?I have visions of a big hammer..:haha:

Its the first bend in the finger where it's broken,and it feels like there is extra bone on the side now...xx

No idea hun but i imagine whatever they do, they'll numb it or put you to sleep first!

Sounds painful - hope you can get it sorted asap x

I hope they do knock me out!lol..I don't think I could keep my hand still while they smacked it!!xx

I've never had it done.. But I've always had visions of them "snapping" it.. I don't know how though :shrug:

I may google it :)

Oh I found this

Do not try to put your finger bones back into place. Seek medical care immediately. Delaying treatment increases the chance of permanent damage to the joint.

Treatment includes:

realigning the bones
The doctor will move the finger bones back into place. You may be given an injection of local anaesthesia that will help reduce the pain while the doctor moves the bones.
splint or taping
After the doctor has realigned the bones, your finger will be placed in a splint or taped to the healthy finger next to it.
ice
Apply ice or a cold pack to your finger for 15 to 30 minutes, three to four times a day for several days. This helps reduce pain and swelling. Wrap the ice or cold pack in a towel. Do not apply the ice directly to your skin.
elevation
Try to hold the injured hand above the level of your heart as much as possible for the first 24 hours. (For example, up on a pillow). This will help drain fluid and reduce swelling.
rehabilitation exercises
Begin exercises to restore range of motion and strength in your finger as recommended by your health care professional.

Although that's for finger dislocation.. Is that the same thing :wacko:

This has been broken and healed,but has healed wonky...so I don't think the actual fracture is there anymore.xx

Would it not be the same kind of process though?

Oh no they'd have to break the finger before realigning it wouldn't they?

Yeah im guessing they would have to break it first,just don't know how..unless I would have to be put to sleep to get rid of the extra bone/calcium?xx

Oh sugar! I'm so sorry!!

Hope I didn't upset/offend you. I can be such a faux par sometimes :dohh:

:hugs:

It's ok :) I'm a great believer in karma,and it's come back around,as he is now a sad,pathetic,lonely old man living all alone :) xx

im not sure how much they'd do this far along the line hun, unless its really effecting your day to day life.
i broke mine when i was ten, and i still can't straighten it, and that was looked at properly, i think its just one of those things :) x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->