anyone know of a book preparing siblings for mummy breastfeeding a new baby

Teeny

Reaction score
asked this on another area but not getting anything back.

it doesn't have to focus on it fully, but many just talk about bottle feeding so would like one that talks about breastfeeding too!

any ideas welcome!

if not I might get a photo book done of dd baby pics, including breastfeeding shots and use that as a storybook, iykwim!

I just explained to my then toddler that breasts made milk and that's how babies were fed. He was really intrigued when he first saw me feed his sister but after the novelty wore off it was just another normal thing occurring in our lives.

Have a look at this, it has some good tips:

https://kellymom.com/parenting/parenting-faq/tips-newborn-toddler/

Good luck :flower:

This is a good question. It would be nice to see one that talks about it with tandem nursing in mind. That may be asking for too much! It's sad that that is asking for too much...

I didn't do any thing to prepare LO, it's funny how "accepting" he has been. Baring in mind I stopped BF him at 9 months so he won't remember and as far as I am aware he's probably never seen a woman BF, but he's just accepted it as totally normal, he asks when DS2 is going to get more "mummy milk" he doesn't ask why he doesnt eat or drink what he does, and he's never asked for mummy milk for himself, he doesn't get jealous when I feed he will fetch things for me if I need them. It just amuses me how accepting he has been because I would think the concept is quite unusual if you hadn't seen it before!!

I didn't do any thing to prepare LO, it's funny how "accepting" he has been. Baring in mind I stopped BF him at 9 months so he won't remember and as far as I am aware he's probably never seen a woman BF, but he's just accepted it as totally normal, he asks when DS2 is going to get more "mummy milk" he doesn't ask why he doesnt eat or drink what he does, and he's never asked for mummy milk for himself, he doesn't get jealous when I feed he will fetch things for me if I need them. It just amuses me how accepting he has been because I would think the concept is quite unusual if you hadn't seen it before!!

It's possible he remembers. I've heard of 2 year olds remembering their birth!

https://www.lalecheleague.org/cbi/bfbookshort.htm

I googled it and found this LLL page. Hope it helps.

I explained it to my son like another poster said saying breasts make milk and that's how I was going to feed the baby. I told him he was breastfed for a while as well. He never batted an eye at it and accepted it as completely normal.

A calf drinks from it's mother. Our dog's puppies nursed from her. I nurse DD. :shrug:

I wish more people would accept it as natural. That's what boobs are for!

I do remember seeing a book at the store about "Mommy nursing baby" but I cannot remember the name :dohh: Perhaps try a google search?

I googled one of the titles from the link above:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I0a-U59Ypmc

I've never explained to my LO about breastfeeding. I think he's more bothered that it looks like I'm cuddling ds2 when I'm feeding him rather than the actual feeding itself.
When ds2 cries, ds1 grabs my top, tries to pull it up and shouts dinner!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->